• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh don't worry, I won't, or, for that matter, the guys I talk to, and the guys they talk to want nothing from NWA.Fortunately, for the sake of you and the "guys you talk to", DAL management DID want "something" from NWA. We just want to keep our A/C and bases. Yours are ours and ours are yours.....there was a merger....you should look it up and then get on with your perfect little life there sport.Can you say the same? The fact of the matter is NWA ended up way ahead on this SLI. How far ahead are we in 8 to 10 years? Are you ignorant or just too biased to admit that the average NWA pilot is losing close to double digit relative seniority % a short distance down the road?But that doesn't matter right? All that matters is that your 2 year left seat may not happen like you planned. :crying::crying::crying:. Let's just hope the largest AEs are before SOC, I know that sucks for you guys, and you will probably try to file a griveance to delay it. After all that, enjoy our equipment and bases, your union did a heck of job for you all, I wish I could say the same thing about my union.
It's over. Nobody owes you anything.
The stagnation will be thanks to your pilot groupfor at least 5 years. 1000 retirements are nothing in a 12000+ pilotgroup, if I am lucky to keep my job.If you lose your job it will be with a lot of NWA pilots that were hired 7 years before you. Yet you are the one whining. Impressive. Oh, and if it happens, enjoy the left seat of the E175 at Compass vs the unemployment line.....YOUR WELCOME.

I got to go, December 29th ATL at 9:00PM is about 50 degrees and I am having a bbq, you enjoy your ice fishing.
21:45...kinda late for a BBQ. Looks like it's in the low 40's....why don't ya just head on over to Williamson Bros. instead;)

Last edited:
I concur there will be a lot of opportunities for those of either pre-merger group who want to domicile out of DTW or MSP, especially for those who live there.

NWA is not DAL. I am hoping the NWA folks living on base will stay put. As far as DAL pilots taking over your bases, and drooling over jumping on A330, A320, or DC9, don't worry, we won't, well maybe the 20 or 25 guys who enjoy the -30 degrees temperature you all just had..... Can you say the same about NWA pilots? No, you can not. At the first opportunity you all have you'll be displacing a bunch of DAL pilots, and feel really proud for sticking it to DAL

I'm sure there will be due consideration given by the mid-90's FNWA hires not to bid what their seniority can hold post SOC so as not to cause any whining by 07' FDAL hires.......:smash:

Whining 07 RDAL hire who was expecting to upgrade within 2 years, less than 200 numbers from Cpt right now, before they shoved this merger down our throats. The stagnation will be thanks to your pilot group for at least 5 years. 1000 retirements are nothing in a 12000+ pilot group, if I am lucky to keep my job.

I got to go, December 29th ATL at 9:00PM is about 50 degrees and I am having a bbq, you enjoy your ice fishing.

And I thought I MADE US LOOK BAD sometimes.... Come on dude. Really, you are stressing out a bit too much here. You will undoubtably get bumped from your quick upgrade time that you thought you had, but in the longrun we will all be better for it. You can't expect much as a relative newhire. If we have a bid before SOC, you can guarantee you won't be 3000 numbers close to MD88 captain. You won't. Some senior FO (not me---waiting for the 73N) will snatch that MD88A slot from you. Did you see how senior the last bid went? The 76ER in ATL went to guys with over 12 years here---for FOs. You are lucky to be flying what you currently have, and hopefully you can continue to do so. If not, take the punches and roll with it. Really, there is no need to keep fighting with these NWA guys. It is fun to spar every once and awhile, but that is about it. The SLI is over. Take it down a notch.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General,

Delta pilots had every right to expect status quo. Although I'll get a small bump mid career, the bump does not nearly make up for the differences in the fleet and pay NWA brings to the mix. Really this works out to be about a seven to ten year set back and most of us are too old to ever make up the difference.

I never applied to NWA and would not have left my prior job to work at NWA. There is nothing about NWA's operation that appeals to me.

If FNWA pilots don't want to return from furlough to fly their equipment out of their bases for a whole lot more longevity pay than I'll make, then I sure as heck don't want to be forced up there. They applied for that job, I didn't.

My family and I have already decided. If displaced, I'm going back to corporate flying. Delta is a great gig while it lasts, but I'm not moving and not commuting. No way, no how, just "aint" worth it.

Some Mesaba spiky hair'd IPOD wearing, backpack toter can flow up and enjoy the DC9.

Last edited:
Delta pilots had every right to expect status quo.

I never applied to NWA and would not have left my prior job to work at NWA. There is nothing about NWA's operation that appeals to me.

If displaced, I'm hoping for long term leave. A job working in the former NWA system is not worth commuting to and sure not worth moving for.

If FNWA pilots don't want to return from furlough to fly their equipment out of their bases for a whole lot more longevity pay than I'll make, then I sure as heck don't want to be forced up there. They applied for that job, I didn't. I will not go.

My family and I have already decided. If displaced, I'm going back to corporate flying. Delta is a great gig while it lasts, but I'm not moving and not commuting. No way, no how, just "aint" worth it.

After 9-11 a lot of our guys got bumped down, and of course a lot got furloughed. The 767B got very senior, since we parked a lot of 737-200s and 727s, and some of their captains moved over to the 767B. I was lucky to stay on it, but I was a junior line holder doing a lot of allnighters. That is the way it goes sometimes, and things change fairly fast. A few years can be a blink of the eye in the grand scheme of things. And, regardless you will still keep a window seat. Back in '91 or 92 when they furloughed, some guys were sent to the FE panel for years.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General - all you write is true. But this is not the result of a terrorist attack. This is the result of the Delta MEC getting on board with this merger and taking the high road while the NWA MEC enjoyed playing the spoiler & reaping the benefits.

There is a difference.

The Delta MEC probably did the right thing for Delta as a whole. Everyone's results are personal and specific to their particular set of circumstances. With a paid off home and hangar, family and a life time of friends, as well a lot of involvement in local activities being able to hold ATL is the deal for my family.

Last edited:
Most of the junior NWA DC-9 FOs will probably stay DC-9 FOs for a while. There is, however, a very large contingent of senior NWA B757 FOs who be be very interested in the B767ER and an easier commute.
Given the nature of NWA's 757 operations, aren't these pilots already 767ER pilots? Same pay & category, right?

Wouldn't this only be a domicile change for them?

Given the nature of NWA's 757 operations, aren't these pilots already 767ER pilots? Same pay & category, right?

Wouldn't this only be a domicile change for them?

Yes for many it will be just that. I am sure some differences training would be involved. I guess my point is that many of thousands of NWA pilots who commute to DTW and MSP will be at least interested in making the move to ATL, JFK, SLC or LAX.

I don't think the 757/767 will be moving in that direction. No bump, no flush.

You can't expect much as a relative newhire. If we have a bid before SOC, you can guarantee you won't be 3000 numbers close to MD88 captain. You won't. Some senior FO (not me---waiting for the 73N) will snatch that MD88A slot from you. Did you see how senior the last bid went? The 76ER in ATL went to guys with over 12 years here---for FOs. You are lucky to be flying what you currently have, and hopefully you can continue to do so. If not, take the punches and roll with it. Really, there is no need to keep fighting with these NWA guys. It is fun to spar every once and awhile, but that is about it. The SLI is over. Take it down a notch.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I love it - GL - the new "Voice of Reason" ;) Concur 100%. There might be some short term benefit in initial base and equipment bids for mid-grade FNWA F/O's, but the long term favors the FDAL pilots. The "2 yr" Captain is sort of like the $15K"special" Mercedes on the dealers lot - it's never there when you get there.

Seriously, there will be some serious opportunities early on in DTW and MSP, and if CVG which is pretty senior closes or downsizes DTW is driving distance....

General,

Delta pilots had every right to expect status quo. Although I'll get a small bump mid career, the bump does not nearly make up for the differences in the fleet and pay NWA brings to the mix.

Puleeze. What did the arbitrators say about expectations in this career?

Really this works out to be about a seven to ten year set back and most of us are too old to ever make up the difference.

So you are 55? If you have 10+ years to go, you will do far better in the long run than a similar age/seniority FWNA pilot - guaranteed.

Then quit.

My family and I have already decided. If displaced, I'm going back to corporate flying.

Your call, but I think that would be a decision you would live to regret, sooner than later

Delta is a great gig while it lasts, but I'm not moving and not commuting. No way, no how, just "aint" worth it.

Dude, you are working for the biggest airline in the world with the best route network and future by a country mile. Can you think of any other airline that has a better future right now? You've been here how long? Before you do something stupid I suggest you get the counsel of some senior Captains who have been in the game for a few decades.

Some Mesaba spiky hair'd IPOD wearing, backpack toter can flow up and enjoy the DC9.

That's PCL....

Latest resources

Back