Some c5 hatin...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C-5 guys, ever (not) have this happen?

15 crewmembers check into a little German off-base hostel. One slow, non-English speaking female German clerk checking in the entire crew, one at a time, one BOA card at a time, with one slow, dial-up credit card machine.

Crewmember #3 out of 15, with everyone else waiting to get a key and hit the rack after a 24 hour day, starts asking the poor clerk:

1. Where's the gym? (usually an officer)

2. Where's a good nightclub? (usually a loadmaster)

3. Can I get a suite?

4. Can you exchange money (RIGHT NOW, while everyone else waits)?

5. Where's an ATM?

6. Can you call me a cab to go back on base to do laundry/eat at BK/buy a 12'er of Coors Light?

7. Can the cable here get the NASCAR race?

I will testify under oath that I have heard all of these questions in the above situation. Actually, I'm on a trip right now and heard 1, 3, 4 and 5 yesterday.

Hag

C-5 guys, ever (not) have this happen?

15 crewmembers check into a little German off-base hostel. One slow, non-English speaking female German clerk checking in the entire crew, one at a time, one BOA card at a time, with one slow, dial-up credit card machine.

Crewmember #3 out of 15, with everyone else waiting to get a key and hit the rack after a 24 hour day, starts asking the poor clerk:

1. Where's the gym? (usually an officer)

2. Where's a good nightclub? (usually a loadmaster)

3. Can I get a suite?

4. Can you exchange money (RIGHT NOW, while everyone else waits)?

5. Where's an ATM?

6. Can you call me a cab to go back on base to do laundry/eat at BK/buy a 12'er of Coors Light?

7. Can the cable here get the NASCAR race?

I will testify under oath that I have heard all of these questions in the above situation. Actually, I'm on a trip right now and heard 1, 3, 4 and 5 yesterday.

Hag

Oh.....I actually miss those days! The same sh$t with a navy P-3 crew. That is why us FE's carried our own cooler and sent the girls (crew) to the hotel first while we stayed and fueled the airplane and knocked back a few. That way we didn't have to stand there and be associated with the nonsence.

I no-sh*t verbalize to my lone-idiot self in the cockpit everytime I throw the gear down "Handle down, 3 green, good hydraulics, speed brake out.".

Magnum....ever heard of GUMP? :)

You are in Germany and you want BK and Coors Light? Good God man! Have you ever heard of the spoiles of war!!!

No. 7 is beautiful...lol

Luckly, I speak German so it did speed up the process alittle. But it's still a sight to see, watching a bunch of crewdogs checking in.

Can't wait till we get C17's!

Always`

OK, this joke no longer applies since for at least 10 years the C-17 has been an incredible airplane. But back in the beginning there were problems, and I heard this joke (probably started by some about to be displaced FE):

Q: Why is the C-17 like Buddah?

A: Because it is short, fat, sits around and doesn't do anything, but everybody worships it.

I don't think I can fly cold mic! Tried it a couple times, but I guess I like hearing myself breathe. Of course, you learn to be judicious in your comments lest you drop an F-bomb in your tape about the OG flying on your wing.

Magnum,
I had an IP at RTU who was a total p...is! After RTU I went through an amended MQT at the RTU and had the pleasure of doing a little payback. Said IP was now a totally cool guy who was buddy buddy with everyone. We do a little BFM where I verbally abuse him (all generic of course) as he said in the brief that nothing would be held against me. The look on his face in the debrief:
PRICELESS!
Biff

Magnum,
I had an IP at RTU who was a total p...is! After RTU I went through an amended MQT at the RTU and had the pleasure of doing a little payback. Said IP was now a totally cool guy who was buddy buddy with everyone. We do a little BFM where I verbally abuse him (all generic of course) as he said in the brief that nothing would be held against me. The look on his face in the debrief:
PRICELESS!
Biff

You sure got him....

AMEN Brother!

Great post! For those of use who have flown FRED know the love/hate relationship with its well established MX history. That being said, when FRED arrives anywhere, everyone stop to watch...of course the crash crews with all the lights helps to let everyone know we're on the way in. Seriously, it's the best ride in the AF, and someday, even a C-17 guy can graduate to the Varsity.

Having flown the airplane now for the last 7+ Years; with 5 of those being on Active duty. I understand the Love/Hate thing. But there is definitely more love than hate for me. The airplane and the system have greatly developed my patience and my people skills. Since there are so many things/people conspiring against you getting the mission done. It's made me a better person even though sometimes it really pisses me off! :angryfire :cool:

There once was a time in my life when I wanted to fly Barney.. but I'm glad things turned out the way it did. LONG LIVE FRED!

OH yeah.. and CARPE PER DIEM too.. in my 4-5 star hotel.

tathepilot,

So, what's the purpose of your post? Was it to add to the humor of previous posts on this thread? Would it make you feel better that one of the guys was medically retired and won't walk again? How about the other pilot that has his back so screwed up that he will never fly again and needs a walker?

Yeah, it was pilot error. Please try to show some respect. I know the video is available on the web and it is shameful that someone released it to the public.

I just don't understand the purpose of the post when all previous posts were good nature and humorous.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back