• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some c5 hatin...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Magnum - the big question is do you leave the hot mike on so you don't feel alone? I'll admit I did for my frist few solo rides in tweets till my IP brought it up. As far as "heavy" checklists go - nw rumor is we're going to flows (that is until the next O-6 needs an OPR bullet and decides to "introduce" checklists as an enhancement to safety)

Otto77;1408573In the likely event we have to abort the takeoff said:
200 feet off the[/COLOR]
nose, where the copilot will enlist the help of the U.S. Census Bureau
to locate and count off the members of the crew, and possibly the
passengers if they have any time left.

I'd get further away than 200' from that POS.

Magnum - the big question is do you leave the hot mike on so you don't feel alone?

I don't think I can fly cold mic! Tried it a couple times, but I guess I like hearing myself breathe. Of course, you learn to be judicious in your comments lest you drop an F-bomb in your tape about the OG flying on your wing.

lest you drop an F-bomb in your tape about the OG flying on your wing

F**k 'im . . . .

I'd get further away than 200' from that POS.

I like how guys set a number of feet or yards off of the nose to egress.
A) I'm not counting paces as I get out of Dodge.
B) If I've got hot cargo in the back and the jet's on fire, I'm going to the next county.

The best line I've heard while briefing the egress is, "Run until you feel stupid."

Great post! For those of use who have flown FRED know the love/hate relationship with its well established MX history. That being said, when FRED arrives anywhere, everyone stop to watch...of course the crash crews with all the lights helps to let everyone know we're on the way in. Seriously, it's the best ride in the AF, and someday, even a C-17 guy can graduate to the Varsity.

As a lifelong C-17 guy (13+) years I fondly remember being Barney (Freds little friend) following the big guy on the strat path around the globe. Unfortunately somewhere along the way that dang little herky guy spilled his tac in my start and things ain't never gonna be the same. Oh sure there's the occaisional good deal now and then but for the most part its back and forth playing in the sandbox with the rest of the tacsters watching that truey magnificent beast of an airplane take it's crew's from hotel to hotel (sometimes hotel florida) and while a three day mission might turn into 12 I wonder if it is a better life than 120 deployed or yet another NVG local trying to better my skills and keep up with the 4 fan ----- can. - so no more hatin' and lets bring back the T-Tail mafia like it should be - off base - max per diem - and no more tents!!

Just my 2 cents

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back