• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So what now at SKW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well I guess you should have put a password up sooner to keep the unverified skywest ****************************** bags out. Anyway, I'm glad your type is a minority at your great company! Cheers

You know, I used to say that I'd never wish furloughs on anyone cause I've been furloughed and it's no fun. With that said, it couldn't happen to a more deserving group of pilots. I hope you (SKW) furlough exactly 348 FOs and downgrade exactly 148 CAs which will be exactly 1 more in each group than we had to do at ExpressJet. I remember not long ago when many of your smug, flame-baiting pilots were coming onto our message boards during your shameless attempt to buy us and slinging ill will towards our pilot group. It will never be forgotten by the XJT pilot group. I further hope they do many of these furloughs out of seniority order so you can have a bitter pill of your own anti-union rhetoric you spewed at us with such total disrespect to the hard work of our union and fellow pilots at XJT. Enjoy the downturn, SKW, and welcome to the club.

Maybe you should heed the very advice you have at the end of all your postings.

Sometimes the worst things that happen to you in life turn out to be the best in the long run.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself...

Actually, it was CAL management using SKW management as a tool to crush our management into giving up the farm just to keep the lights on. And in case you weren't aware, and as I said in my post, your pilots invited themselves onto our message boards and intentionally and with malice rubbed our noses in it. Was it the 1% turd factor? Maybe. You can get mad at me all you want - but facts are facts.

Facts are facts, and you seem to be confusing them with faulty conjecture. Personally, I was not aware of any SkyWest Pilot going on an XJT message board and "rubbing [your] noses" in anything. If it's true, then it's incredibly low. That is if it's true.

Fact: I personally came on THIS message board during that time and said that I wished the XJT pilot group the best, and I know this to be the consensus among my fellow employees.

Now you hold the entire SKW pilot group responsible for the alleged actions of a few? That's not any better of you than the people who caused injuries that you perceived, in my opinion. You become what you hate.

Now I think we all need to just get off the board for a while, cool off, grab a beverage, go to our corner, and come back when we all can behave like rational adults. This might take a day.... or 50.

Anyway, taking my own advice in 5, 4, 3, 2...

-Goose

Maybe you should heed the very advice you have at the end of all your postings.

You're right, Erlanger. And it's still very good advice. Expressjet has rebounded well after those dark days in October when we didn't know if we'd have a job the next day. Maybe this whole thing with CAL-SKW-XJT power play will work out for us in the end. But don't blame me for being bitter at a group of jerks who kicked us in our darkest hour. It would be as if someone came to Comair or ASA and implied that you deserved to lose your job because you belong to ALPA and because your management went down swinging....because that's precisely what I'm talking about here.

You know, I used to say that I'd never wish furloughs on anyone cause I've been furloughed and it's no fun. With that said, it couldn't happen to a more deserving group of pilots. I hope you (SKW) furlough exactly 348 FOs and downgrade exactly 148 CAs which will be exactly 1 more in each group than we had to do at ExpressJet. I remember not long ago when many of your smug, flame-baiting pilots were coming onto our message boards during your shameless attempt to buy us and slinging ill will towards our pilot group. It will never be forgotten by the XJT pilot group. I further hope they do many of these furloughs out of seniority order so you can have a bitter pill of your own anti-union rhetoric you spewed at us with such total disrespect to the hard work of our union and fellow pilots at XJT. Enjoy the downturn, SKW, and welcome to the club.

...man someone needs to get laid.

I don't remember any of us bashing you. Why don't you kick your ego down a few levels and come back and join us at the regional level.

Maybe SkyWest pilots maybe not

Actually, it was CAL management using SKW management as a tool to crush our management into giving up the farm just to keep the lights on. And in case you weren't aware, and as I said in my post, your pilots invited themselves onto our message boards and intentionally and with malice rubbed our noses in it. Was it the 1% turd factor? Maybe. You can get mad at me all you want - but facts are facts.

Oh, and I never interviewed at SKW and never flunked any interviews anywhere, thanks.

When people hide behind screen names there is no way to know who they are or what their agenda is. It is possible they were some of our immature pilots.

But it is also possible that it was some of your own trying to solidify the resolve of the rest of the pilot group. If so, it worked. To this day you hate SkyWest pilots and the vote went the way they wanted.

But then again it may have been some 10 year old who was bored because he doesn't have any friends. You just never know who it was or what their motivation was.

My point is get rid of the anger. If not, I'm sure that who ever did it, at least one of them was white. So if you're going to hate, hate whitey!

Last edited:
You're right, Erlanger. And it's still very good advice. Expressjet has rebounded well after those dark days in October when we didn't know if we'd have a job the next day. Maybe this whole thing with CAL-SKW-XJT power play will work out for us in the end. But don't blame me for being bitter at a group of jerks who kicked us in our darkest hour. It would be as if someone came to Comair or ASA and implied that you deserved to lose your job because you belong to ALPA and because your management went down swinging....because that's precisely what I'm talking about here.
Wow, you need to relax! If some of our pilots were on your message board, and offended you, I'm sorry. Like was said earlier, the 1% cannot speak for the whole group. If I remember correctly, when XJT started flying out of SLC, the same was done here. I personally had several XJT pilots in the actual, preaching to us that XJT was going to take over the SLC base. Take it all with a grain of salt. As a former Jetlinker, I know what the pilot group is like, and know that a few don't speak for the group. Take a deep breath, drink a beer, and relax!

Meeting is to be held Monday and Tuesday to discuss overstaffing. We should know more after Tuesday. They have said they want to lose 250 pilots on a VOLUNTARY basis. That's the only official word so far. Good luck to all. I have already updated the resume and sent it to a couple places...

Oh, Wait a minute! Did I hear someone say,

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblaMAKESUREYOUDRINKYOURKOOLAIDblahbla