• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So what is the New Skywest pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sounds like you and your 'friend' have it all figured out. gosh, why didn't you tell us?
I just told you, no glib reply? crickets chirping!
SAPA: we want a pay raise
JA: huh
BH: we can't get anyone to come to class
JA: why?
BH: welfare wages
SAPA: nice wallpaper, new?
JA: what if we pay them more for the 1st year?
BH: that might sucker them through the door
SAPA: love the new carpet, did you guys ever get those new tiki torches for the houseboat?
JA: you will never see the houseboat, don't worry about the torches, when we jammed PBS into your butts, we bought a whole fleet of houseboats and jet skis.
BH:HAAAHAA, JA wanna go to that strip club for lunch, I hear they have the twins dancing today
SAPA: sounds good!
JA: we weren't asking you, don't you have 5-6 trips to INK to do and pump some more propaganda out?
BH: the strippers in hotlanta are hot!
JA: SAPA you are dismissed, BH, lets go to the stripclub I haven't had a chubbie since the SKED+ joke we played on the pilots.
BH: twins here we come, I got a pocket full of twenties!
SAPA: clearance, SKYW 1234 clearance to INK.
PBR

Fish-

There are morons on both sides of the fence. There are other airlines out there that pose a bigger threat to us as ASA, and an industry

"Industry average"

Too bad SGU thinks "average" is going to get pilots to come to, or stay at SkyWest. It seems like every couple of days I get an email from captains leaving SkyWest. VERY GOOD captains to boot. Sad.

Didn't Tell You!

sounds like you and your 'friend' have it all figured out. gosh, why didn't you tell us?

We told EVERYONE ELSE, Sky...... You see, we all know, and just didn't tell you and you alone. We left you out because you are the biggest god-forsaken tool in the history of the world!

-IDIOT! MORON! TOOLBAG!

We told EVERYONE ELSE, Sky...... You see, we all know, and just didn't tell you and you alone. We left you out because you are the biggest god-forsaken tool in the history of the world!

-IDIOT! MORON! TOOLBAG!

Tell us how you really feel

"Industry average"

Too bad SGU thinks "average" is going to get pilots to come to, or stay at SkyWest. It seems like every couple of days I get an email from captains leaving SkyWest. VERY GOOD captains to boot. Sad.

1st year pay up only. No need to raise anything else til' 2010. That's when our stellar pay raise is over - oh, wait add another 1-2 years for negotiations and then we will see something, maybe.

Why would SGU increase their expenses any more than they have to. Doesn't make financial sense. They are having problems getting people in the door. Read between the lines with the wording in the last email "near average" and "starting to", meaning they really are not ready or willing to touch the rest of the pay - just 1st year - get people in the door. The more people leaving off the top the better! Higher salaries gone. Younger(newer) workforce = Cheaper payroll.

It doesn't really matter - They know that we can't do anything about it anyway.

Oh well, back to things I can do something about - ahh beer....

Nobody's showing up for class but they still can't figure it out.
I'm sure we'll see a very generous pay raise for the EMB for early 2009....

Gandalf:

Actually I would be to differ: sometimes investing in intangibles pays off in the long term. Part of the cost of doing business is building trust and commitment and like any other cost, you can put a price tag on it; also like any other cost, it has benefits if fruitfully pursued. Ours over the past couple of years has failed to adequately invest in that area and is seeing the negative results for lack of real investment and resources.

Gandalf:

Actually I would be to differ: sometimes investing in intangibles pays off in the long term. Part of the cost of doing business is building trust and commitment and like any other cost, you can put a price tag on it; also like any other cost, it has benefits if fruitfully pursued. Ours over the past couple of years has failed to adequately invest in that area and is seeing the negative results for lack of real investment and resources.

How so? It looks like it paid off as far as the boys at SGU are concerned.

Latest resources

Back