So what is the netjets story?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DO-82 driver said:
G4Dude......I plan on sitting in a Gulfstream when this is all said and done. The company is going to sacrifice the Gulfstreams to get this contract done....Its just going to cost them too much money to keep delaying over NJI.... not to mention that you really have so say over what they do with your future.....I'll be just another bargaining chip to them.

I promise the merge will be as a fair...... I'm sure your management will look after you then.

That will be a really interesting IOE.

BrnJetFuel said:
Really...IT SUCKS! Troll and Dispatcher are obviously stuck in CMH and know that Columbus is such a hole and that they aren't likely going to find another Dispatch job for minimum wage like they have now...so they do the bidding of the company and try to muster up as much of a company smile as they can in hopes pilots will apply at NJA faster than the vacuum's left by those fleeing. Afterall they spend a few weeks getting certified and if NJA closes it's doors or reduces the work force, it's off to working at the Limited or Budwieser for them.

NJA is a place that had a chance gone bad. Management doesn't care about customer service and they are willing to throw the baby out with the bath water. Really a shame because there used to be a number of pilots that would have wanted to see this place succeed. NetJets bought a couple thousand pilots anxious to see the planes end up with respectable corporate outfits who would on day one pay double what most of the senior pilots make now. Not much to lose anymore and much more to gain. They either pull their heads out of thier ahrses and dump the ego trip or this place is dust.

When do you think will be a good time to get a job there?

Last edited:
Most of you don't get it. It's NOT about flying G-Vs. It's NOT about having more pilots in the Union. It's about JOB PROTECTION. The idiot, FamiyGuy said it himself. If it were up to him, he'd shut down NJA and grow NJI. Now what's to stop our management from doing that? Of course it would make no financial sense. But it would serve the egos that run this company very well. So, incorporating NJI into NJA would greatly reduce the chances of this happening.
For those of you who think that it's the Teamsters doing the negotiating, you're wrong. The pilot negotiating team consists of experienced pilots and non affiliated advisors. They are negotiating what's best for the pilots, NOT the Teamsters.

Diesel said:
Sure i want the NJI guys under our umbrella. I want the planes and the pilots. I want to ensure my future by making sure the company can only use NJA pilots to fly any trip. It's called scope. I want to make sure we have a lock tight one.

So why do you need to take over NJI and force its pilots into your union if all you want is job protection?

Cant you devise some contract language that gives G's to NJI and everything else goes to NJA?

familyguy you allready know that the contract says only the NJI guys can fly gulfstream 4 derivative there of. G5 for example

Of course you know that because you're a company shill.

Diesel said:
familyguy you allready know that the contract says only the NJI guys can fly gulfstream 4 derivative there of. G5 for example

Of course you know that because you're a company shill.

So if the contract already limits NJI to the G4 and G5's, then what do you need job protection from?

Great job baiting me. I enjoy the banter. So that's why I answered.

I allready told you. Read above post.

oh yeah

GUYS LOOK AT THE PEOPLE POSTING THE COMPANY LINE.

HAVE THEY EVER WORKED A DAY ON THE LINE?

HAVE THEY EVER KISSED THEIR WIVES AND CHILDREN GOODBYE FOR 7 DAYS?

NO THEY HAVEN"T and THEY NEVER WILL.

Diesel said:
Great job baiting me. I enjoy the banter. So that's why I answered.

I allready told you. Read above post.

oh yeah

GUYS LOOK AT THE PEOPLE POSTING THE COMPANY LINE.

No, I've just done hardship tours overseas for a year at a time.

How about you?

Seven days doesnt sound so bad, does it? Especially when it means you get seven days WITH them after the seven days of tour are up.

Dude honestly i thank you for your sacrifice for the country but that's apples and oranges.

It has nothing to do with negotiations or what's going on at NJA.

Diesel said:

Diesel, are you really serious with this sob story? You are a pilot. Somewhere in the job description of "pilot" you must have known that "will be away from home" was part of it. You are right, it would be terribly difficult to leave wife/kids for each tour, but are you kidding me, that's your career choice right?!

You are also right, this dialogue has nothing to do with the negotiations.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back