Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hawkered said:
Family Guy

First of all, some of us are very productive, despite your assertions about the coercive behavior of the union. Secondly, we're not all a bunch of malcontents.

This has been a very trying time for the company the pilot group and even management trying to maintain a proactive and motivated workforce to deliver a quality on-time product.

Remember, we appreciate your obvious conviction, and even the passion that you bring to your points of view. This does not abrogate you of your responsibilities to choose words wisely and not do more harm than good with sweeping generalisations.

Some of us can contain our emotions, display promptness and professionalism in our presentation and show understanding for the pendulium of mood swings that we are seeing right now.

You should be one of these very people!

As always, you bring up a good point Hawker.

You're right, I know many of our pilots, and can vouch for the fact that they are dedicated and very productive. And from my perspective it is a small group of malcontents.

But your point does make me wonder.... where are the dedicated and productive pilots (that we both know are out there) and why are they not rebutting some of the assertions on this board?

Is taking over NJI something that "an overwhelming majority" of NJA pilots want? or is this simply posturing by the union?

As we both know, this is a very sensitive topic with the company, and if the union is intent on pushing the subject, it wouldnt surprise me to see Buffett sell off NJA and work on expanding NJI. Is this something that the majority of NJA pilots want to see?

And I'll do my best to avoid those sweeping generalizations in the future.

I'd also like to see some rebuttals to the sweeping generalizations from the ardent union supporters if their points are not an accurate representation of the majority of the pilots. Otherwise, we are lead to believe that the generalizations are accurate.

FamilyGuy said:
...they keep offering new aircraft types to NJA, but that doesnt seem to satisfy the union's thirst....

This statement makes NO sense. It shows BLATANTLY what you DON'T know ! The insinuation that the Netjet pilots just want to FLY those pretty gulfstreams is absolutely idiotic. It's all about SCOPE, look it up braniac.

you can't shut down nja and grow nji. It's called scope. Look it up.

That's what we are fighting for. Without scope we have nothing.

TurboJetCpt said:
This statement makes NO sense. It shows BLATANTLY what you DON'T know ! The insinuation that the Netjet pilots just want to FLY those pretty gulfstreams is absolutely idiotic. It's all about SCOPE, look it up braniac.

Diesel said:
you can't shut down nja and grow nji. It's called scope. Look it up.

That's what we are fighting for. Without scope we have nothing.

Tell me I'm wrong....

Tell me you dont want to force NJI pilots into the union.

Sure i want the NJI guys under our umbrella. I want the planes and the pilots. I want to ensure my future by making sure the company can only use NJA pilots to fly any trip. It's called scope. I want to make sure we have a lock tight one.

linder said:
rettofly said:
68 so far this year. High of 13 in January down to 5 in August.

Latest numbers from our board - 73 have left this year. New hires so far - 238. Net increase of 165. They've stated they needed to have a gain of 400-500 this year? Not a chance unless they decide to get the contract done..

Diesel said:
Sure i want the NJI guys under our umbrella. I want the planes and the pilots. I want to ensure my future by making sure the company can only use NJA pilots to fly any trip. It's called scope. I want to make sure we have a lock tight one.

It is called force, coercion, strongarm tactics, immoral. The union morons are not content to make their own workplace sullen and underproductive, they want to suck us NJI folks into the vortex. Disgusting. I will be proud and pleased to help Santulli break this rediculous union any way I can, and virtually all my colleagues at NJI agree with me.

G4dude said:
It is called force, coercion, strongarm tactics, immoral. The union morons are not content to make their own workplace sullen and underproductive, they want to suck us NJI folks into the vortex. Disgusting. I will be proud and pleased to help Santulli break this rediculous union any way I can, and virtually all my colleagues at NJI agree with me.

I overheard one of these union gems the other day at a Signature... They were sitting in the flight planning room talking about the picketing and whether or not they would be able to attend. Then they proceded to go on and on about how horrible the company was and why management leadership were such idiots. Not five minutes later one of them starts talking about some type of storm aid/assistance the company was offering. Then gets on the phone and was calling about how he could get help for some minor damage that his home got.

Doesn't sounds like they're all that evil to me...

G4Dude......I plan on sitting in a Gulfstream when this is all said and done. The company is going to sacrifice the Gulfstreams to get this contract done....Its just going to cost them too much money to keep delaying over NJI.... not to mention that you really have so say over what they do with your future.....I'll be just another bargaining chip to them.

I promise the merge will be as a fair...... I'm sure your management will look after you then.

Latest resources

Back