• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So much for the huge growth rumor at SW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you don't have any 767 CA reserves making 182/hr now? Most people consider a 767 a widebody. Maybe it's not listed that way in the DL contract, but his point is well taken...and still correct.

I'm glad it upped 6/hr soon though, still too low.

RF

Your right, there are. 70% of that category is 757's. I felt his statement was a little misleading and not the entire picture. The widebody category I was referring to is the 767-400 and A330. Both of those are purely international which also receives a $6 CA and $4 Fo override as well which wasn't included in what I had said either. Either way most here feel it's below what it should be and we will be looking for improvements in the next contract.

Yes, that could be true for awhile about the pay, but if they accept this turd of an agreement, they will still be FOs while I upgrade to widebody Captain within 10 years due to our huge retirement numbers. SWA will have a paltry 150 people leaving a year, which means stagnation. The DL pilots also get a new contract within the next couple years, and that coupled with retirements means you will be miserable. I hope those AT MEC guys reject your poor offer and go for more, as they should if they don't like it.OYS

Since I've asked this before and for whatever reason no one answered I'm gonna ask again.

What is the difference between SWA guys asking for more compared to AT guys asking for more?

SLC
:cool:

The Reality

-A DAL widebody Captain on reserve will make less than a SWA/Airtran First Officer.

-They make less than a current AirTran CA flying a 717.

-They will make far less than a Junior SWA/Airtran CA flying a 717 with 115 seats.

-You will have the advantage of sitting 24 hour reserve in a crash pad in the slums of JFK.

DAL 767 CA max rate $182.00 @ 70 hour Reserve guarantee = $152,000 per
year.

And none of that will ever change? Really? Contracts always stay the same? Dicko, even you are switching to the dark side? It's amazing how fast you switched, when even you haven't seen what the Corndogs will do to you. Regardless, I do want to see your opinion when new contracts appear at the big 3, and then see the flood of people leave your stagnate airline for better opportunities. They'll be out there.

OYS

You know a DAL widebody CA makes $205 now and will make $213 at the beginning of the year. Not saying thats great pay for a widebody but your facts are wrong. So if you can hold widebody CA reserve you should be able to hold Narrowbody 767 CA as a lineholder which will be at $189 come the new year. Pretty sure thats more that $163 at Airtran CA and Southwest FO pay!!

What are you smoking. A 767 narrowbody ...... ?

Are you saying you'll be able to hold a line on the 330/767-400 in 10 years. Or are you quoting the 787 rates ?

Post the current 12 year CA rates at DAL for 75/76, 330/76-400 please.

Since I've asked this before and for whatever reason no one answered I'm gonna ask again.

What is the difference between SWA guys asking for more compared to AT guys asking for more?

SLC

You didn't facilitate this merger. The DL guys didn't facilitate the NWA merger. The guys I talk with here who experienced it said the DL guys didn't gain nearly as much pay wise per hour as the North pilots, but everyone did get at least a small raise (5%) on the South side, and everyone got stock. Did you get any stock or a small raise? Why didn't you ask for it? Did GK promise you'd get a better deal on seniority? That obviously could backfire if it goes to arbitration. What you will get eventually is a stronger company, but you should have asked for stock and a small raise.

OYS

What are you smoking. A 767 narrowbody ...... ?

Are you saying you'll be able to hold a line on the 330/767-400 in 10 years. Or are you quoting the 787 rates ?

Contract is almost up, but you prefer to think current wages will always stick around. Are you still on Airtran wages right now? Things do change, and when they do, then make broad comparisons. You are still an Airtran guy too, so don't believe your own current hype. You always will be a tranny in their eyes.

OYS

You didn't facilitate this merger. The DL guys didn't facilitate the NWA merger. The guys I talk with here who experienced it said the DL guys didn't gain nearly as much pay wise per hour as the North pilots, but everyone did get at least a small raise (5%) on the South side, and everyone got stock. Did you get any stock or a small raise? Why didn't you ask for it? Did GK promise you'd get a better deal on seniority? That obviously could backfire if it goes to arbitration. What you will get eventually is a stronger company, but you should have asked for stock and a small raise.OYS

And in what way has AT facilitated this merger?

I don't know all the details of the Delta/NW merger but if the NW pilots were making less money of course the Delta guys didn't get as much when the NW guys were brought to their pay scale. Sounds similiar doesn't it?There have been no details released on any compensation on the SWA side yet. Did we ask for it, maybe we did maybe we didn't. I will not speculate on that until all the details have been released.

SLC

And none of that will ever change? Really?
OYS

At ALPA they definitely change. Lots of swings. Ours has stayed pretty well in line with inflation. It just looks like a lot bc no other carrier, or all tue middle class, has been able to keep up.

So once again...."you're just mad cause we tell it like it is, and you tell it how it might be."
I know frank white might not be your style, but you earn the line almost every post.

What are you smoking. A 767 narrowbody ...... ? I was just trying to separate out the 75/76 category and the 330/767-400. A 767 is most definitely a widebody but the rate that was quoted is a mostly 757 category (70%).

Are you saying you'll be able to hold a line on the 330/767-400 in 10 years. Or are you quoting the 787 rates ? No you wouldn't. I was referencing OYS's statement saying he might in ten years be able to hold a 767-400/330 CA slot. Which if you can hold that you could probably hold a line on the 75/76 category. I don't know where he sits on the list.

Current rate 75/76 12 year CA is $182 and 330/76-400 is $205.

The 777 and 747 are at $217. Again I'm not saying these are great rates for the planes but rather trying to put the whole picture together.

Latest resources

Back