• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So much for the huge growth rumor at SW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This has no short-term effect on AT guys in regard to the proposed deal. This hurts senior FO's currently flying for SWA bigtime. It SHOULDN'T affect the AT vote but I think it WILL affect the SWA vote. FWIW...

shootr

10 year FO here, won't affect my vote at all...

On a side note...just wondering if AT can make money with the new improved SWA pay rates and NO bag fees??

SWA could decide at any time to grow if fuel/economy improve...we have to grow eventually to bring the costs down...

This has no short-term effect on AT guys in regard to the proposed deal.
It does if it means capacity reduction and furloughs going into a severe recession/depression. No one is immune.

Madjack, I'm getting tired of picking up after you. The furlough would be a junior SWA fo for a relative senior AAI fo. That's not furlough protection!

JJ,

Doesn't SL9 improve AAI furlough protection 1:1 SWA/AAI?

No. Only AFTER the AAI pilots are on the SWA side of the house. Until Complete Operational Integration, the full effects of the changes to Sec 22 in SL9 don't exist.

Unless all the junior people go over there first, there wouldn't be enough people on your side of the fence for SL9 to result in any furloughs, and per SL8 they'd all be on our side.

The 2nd quarter report certainly DOES affect the pilots of AAI unless the 4-party agreement can clear up some items such as this, and others, regarding integration and bringing the pilots over with the planes in a specific staffing model. Zero to NEGATIVE capacity numbers next year? The only way to do that is to park more -300's than they're taking on -700's and -800's. Simple seat math.

You guys may be right about no growth, which means the huge seniority hit lasts 10-15 years instead of 7-10. Big difference.

AAI relative seniority was worth $ZZZ.ZZ

SWAPA relative seniority is worth 1.A X $ZZZ.ZZ

Where "A" equals the difference in contract value.

For an FO the difference was probably about 9 and a CA about 5.

Seniority at AAI was worth less and that is why you are giving up "seniority".

Can't have it all ladies.

Madjack, I'm getting tired of picking up after you. The furlough would be a junior SWA fo for a relative senior AAI fo. That's not furlough protection!

Not true: post snap shot hires, than one for one starting with JUNIOR AAI FO and then Junior SWA FO...

Certainly no loss for the AAI FOs since pre acquisition they would have been 100% AAI Furlough from the bottom...

please don't talk to me about longevity of the furloughees...as a 2001 hire at SWA I could be pulling gear for a 2004-5 AAI CP...we all have our cross to bear...

Latest resources

Back