• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So much for the huge growth rumor at SW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And a 2002 Ca will have a 2006 SW FO senior to him is fair...

Hey Freight, I am not sure how I would feel if I were you...I was never at AAI under your shi**y management and your lousy pay and work rules...I was insulated by all that crap at SWA and I believe that is worth something as far as lifespan and piece of mind goes...take it to arby, get a better result (I think you would based on precedent), and let SWAPA and GK (OBTW two of the three parties in the negotiations that came up with this AIP) deal with the fallout...that is a great way to say F(*& you to your new company and union...but what do you expect from ALPA AAI?

I get the feeling that many of the SWA guys on here are taking this waaayyyy too personally. Its just business...not personal. We are not trying to "F" our new union or company. Just looking for the best deal in a 3 billion dollar deal. I realize you are mostly pilots and not the business type, but come on......some of you wouldnt last a minute outside the aviation bubble. Just my opnion.

Last edited:
GenLee/OYS is pissed because the AAI guys are about to make more than he does. Flying 115 seat narrow bodies at that.

Delta sucks.:puke:

He wants it rejected in hopes of keeping SWA out of DAL's backyard. He's only concerned with himself, and not the AirTran pilot group. Don't be fooled by him.

And you are??? Can I personally keep SWA out of ATL? You think so I guess. I just want some of these cocky SWA guys on FI to play fair. Have fun at ASA.

OYS

GenLee/OYS is pissed because the AAI guys are about to make more than he does. Flying 115 seat narrow bodies at that.

Yes, that could be true for awhile about the pay, but if they accept this turd of an agreement, they will still be FOs while I upgrade to widebody Captain within 10 years due to our huge retirement numbers. SWA will have a paltry 150 people leaving a year, which means stagnation. The DL pilots also get a new contract within the next couple years, and that coupled with retirements means you will be miserable. I hope those AT MEC guys reject your poor offer and go for more, as they should if they don't like it.

OYS

Last edited:
I upgrade to widebody Captain within 10 years due to our huge retirement numbers.OYS

The Reality

-A DAL widebody Captain on reserve will make less than a SWA/Airtran First Officer.

-They make less than a current AirTran CA flying a 717.

-They will make far less than a Junior SWA/Airtran CA flying a 717 with 115 seats.

-You will have the advantage of sitting 24 hour reserve in a crash pad in the slums of JFK.

DAL 767 CA max rate $182.00 @ 70 hour Reserve guarantee = $152,000 per year.

Wow, nice research. And painful looking numbers.

But if you read OYS and Gen much, you know that Delta is just about ready to open the checkbook and up those rates by 20%. I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you too.

RF

The Reality

-A DAL widebody Captain on reserve will make less than a SWA/Airtran First Officer.

-They make less than a current AirTran CA flying a 717.

-They will make far less than a Junior SWA/Airtran CA flying a 717 with 115 seats.

-You will have the advantage of sitting 24 hour reserve in a crash pad in the slums of JFK.

DAL 767 CA max rate $182.00 @ 70 hour Reserve guarantee = $152,000 per year.

You know a DAL widebody CA makes $205 now and will make $213 at the beginning of the year. Not saying thats great pay for a widebody but your facts are wrong. So if you can hold widebody CA reserve you should be able to hold Narrowbody 767 CA as a lineholder which will be at $189 come the new year. Pretty sure thats more that $163 at Airtran CA and Southwest FO pay!!

So you don't have any 767 CA reserves making 182/hr now? Most people consider a 767 a widebody. Maybe it's not listed that way in the DL contract, but his point is well taken...and still correct.

I'm glad it upped 6/hr soon though, still too low.

RF

Latest resources

Back