Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bigD said:
Friggin' freeride wheenie. :D

Man, I earn my turns....by paying the liftie for a ride to the top! Double-:D .

P.S. Ever tried that Apricot Ale? Yummy!

Last edited:
Mountian Bike!!?? :confused:

YZ or CR 450 baby!! Lots of noise, minimal work going up the hills, 80 + MPH on the straights, and you get to pi$$ off every tree hugger in a three county area!!!!:D

All that and 10 + inches of suspension on the front and rear tire! What more could you want?

k_EAT=ho_ME said:
Man, I earn my turns....by paying the liftie for a ride to the top! Double-:D .

P.S. Ever tried that Apricot Ale? Yummy!

AHHHH NOOOOO!

Apricot Ale!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

shamrock, go with a fisher great bikes fairly inexspensive, softtails just cost more and unless you are a serious mountin biker not realy worth the extra doe. Their kinda of like big girls more cushion for the pushin.

Last edited:
Salmon

Marinade the salmon in one 8oz frozen Lime-Aid concentrate, ½ cup soy sauce, ½ cup olive oil, and a ¼ cup of your favorite spices (rosemary, oregano thyme) Let it soak for about 30-45 min a side then grill.

BBQ

Good pork BBQ must be cooked out doors but I have a good recipe for pork tenderloin you can do in the crock pot.

One pork tenderloin, one packet of Lipton onion soup mix, 3 cloves of garlic.

Place the tenderloin in the crock pot and pour in about 1-1/2 cups of water. Pour the onion soup mix over the pork and dice up the garlic, put what you can on the pork and the rest in the water. Cook on low for about 8 hours.

Mountain Bike

Hard tail. Spend the money on components. I don’t ride anything less than XT. Riding trails is a different animal. Learn on the hard tail and wait for the full suspension, you’ll be a better rider.

Good tips on the BBQ. I'm thinking it's gonna be a long slow, overnight job in the oven with a rubbed pork shoulder.

Mountain biking. I've got a K2 Hardtail right now. Nothing too fancy, LX and XT. I had one of those Nolleen Air Forks that came stock, and it had it's pro's (very light and stiff) and con's (some cheap plastic parts that were it's ultimate downfall), but it's been replaced with a Rock Shox Pilot fork (again, nothing fancy, but it works). Nice and light, just a hair under 25 lbs fully dressed out with tools (maybe 26 now with the new fork), climbs like a raped ape, and very good in the narrows. I used to own a Specialized FSR that was very nice (XT, XTR, Fox shock in the rear, Manitou up front), but the rear bushings proved to be a major hassle, and I prefered the simplicity of the hardtail, so I sold it to my buddy's little brother last year.

Over the years (yes, I remember the Rock Shox RS-1 and original Manitou fork for all you Mountain Dew-drinking freeride newbie posers), I've had a Schwinn, a handful of steel GT's (broke one of 'em too), an aluminum GT (thats my beater now, rigid fork, 2.5 inch tires, granny ring only up front, 7 speeds in back, flat pedals, good times), the Specialized, and now the K2.

I don't make it out for the 6 hour death marches anymore, but I ride UP the same hills that I ride down.

dav8or said:
Salmon

Marinade the salmon in one 8oz frozen Lime-Aid concentrate, ½ cup soy sauce, ½ cup olive oil, and a ¼ cup of your favorite spices (rosemary, oregano thyme) Let it soak for about 30-45 min a side then grill.

Interesting...thanks.

VampyreGTX said:
What kind of pork BBQ you looking to make?

Pulled pork? I got a nice recipe for that one. I make it on a smoker outside, but I think you can pull it off with the crockpot or oven. Takes a LONG time though, prep time about 12 hours and cooking time of about 8. I made my own brine for overnight soaking and my own rub.... BBQ sauce is up to you. I'm actually trying to perfect my homemade sauce which is almost complete....

Any of you guys out in the Chicago area should let me know and I may invite you over some some dang good BBQ.... Brisket, Pulled Pork and Ribs... smoked the long, slow and juicy way!

Here's a question... You brine your ribs too? I got my rub down cold and always pull the membrane off my ribs, but I have never brined them.

Latest resources

Back