Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

91100 100 set

to the book
Alright folks, it's too hot here to do anything outside, and despite the fact that I have a million things I COULD do around the apartment on my day off, I'm not doing them. And since the usual backpack vs traditional luggage, MDA vs CHQ, ASA vs SKW, 190 vs mainline shouting matches are getting old, lets talk food.

I am somewhat limited in my own resources to make good BBQ at home. I live in an apartment with no deck or patio, hence no outdoor cooking anymore (Thank you, Dave Siegal). I have an oven, a stove, a microwave, and a crock pot. And I'm looking to make good pork barbeque at home. I could go to the Food Network website and troll around there, but this website is like home to a loser like me. With the above resources, what are my options?

Or we could talk about WRC racing. Or Gran Tursimo 4. Or the weird clutch problem in my Subaru. Or mountain biking. But I'm f'ing bored.

I hear ya hoss...

Saturday I grilled up a nice Salmon fillet. To be honest, I've never done that before. I just guessed and left in there for about 13 minutes (in tin foil with onions and some herbs).

It came out pretty damb tasty.

Last edited:
Don't know cr@p about BBQ so I'll weigh in on another of your subjects. What kind of mountain bike do you ride? I'm on the fence about buying one. Not because I'm not sure if I want one, but because they tell me that, as an adult, I should be financially responsible and think my major purchases through.:(

I love road riding and that's where most of my money will continue to go, but I would like to pick up a mountain bike to change things up once in a while. I'm looking at the tried and true Stumpjumper even though I'd like to keep the price tag around $1000. A Stumpjumper is a little north of that, at least the model I would buy, but my price range always tends to creep higher as I go. I've also considered Gary Fisher and of course Trek.

And for the most important question, hardtail or full suspension?

shamrock said:
...they tell me that, as an adult, I should be financially responsible and think my major purchases through.:(

F*ck that! You're already a professional RJ pilot, when "they" tell you crap like this, tell them you're not about to start thinking carefully about important decisions now.

shamrock said:

You're kidding right? If you wanna go down hill fast, full suspension is the only way to go. If you don't wanna go down hill fast, why f*ckin' bother? Go get one of those deals with the big fan for a front wheel and pretend to race your dog in the living room.

shamrock said:

I'm a hard tail snob myself. It'll teach you how to actually ride a line down a hill, and you won't work as hard in the climbs.

FN FAL said:
I hear ya hoss...

Saturday I grilled up a nice Salmon fillet. To be honest, I've never done that before. I just guessed and left in there for about 13 minutes (in tin foil with onions and some herbs).

It came out pretty damb tasty.
Best BBQ salmon I've ever had was by brushing it with olive oil, then coating it with a generous layer of pesto. Do the tin foil thing and grill to perfection. A side of herb rice and/or potatoes along with a bottle of Black Butte Porter and you've got yourself a meal of champions.

What kind of pork BBQ you looking to make?

Pulled pork? I got a nice recipe for that one. I make it on a smoker outside, but I think you can pull it off with the crockpot or oven. Takes a LONG time though, prep time about 12 hours and cooking time of about 8. I made my own brine for overnight soaking and my own rub.... BBQ sauce is up to you. I'm actually trying to perfect my homemade sauce which is almost complete....

Any of you guys out in the Chicago area should let me know and I may invite you over some some damn good BBQ.... Brisket, Pulled Pork and Ribs... smoked the long, slow and juicy way!

bigD said:
I'm a hard tail snob myself. It'll teach you how to actually ride a line down a hill, and you won't work as hard in the climbs.

steel hard tail bro. Old school style.

a little pain going downhill...lots less work uphill.

carbon full suspension freerides and queer micro brews with fruit in them are for pansies.

Latest resources

Back