• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI. What's fair and equitable.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SLI by DOH is the only fair way to integrate the lists. The lists between Flex and Flops are not that significantly different but once Onesky / Dac starts adding newer startups like TMC and Wheels Up a percentage merge will seriously suck with 2 and 3 year guys ending up senior to an 18 year guy

DOH is the only fair and equitable way to go

SLI by DOH is the only fair way to integrate the lists. The lists between Flex and Flops are not that significantly different but once Onesky / Dac starts adding newer startups like TMC and Wheels Up a percentage merge will seriously suck with 2 and 3 year guys ending up senior to an 18 year guy

If that's how you feel, why didn't you post that on Yammer before the vote? In fact, where have you been since the vote? Not a peep after nearly twelve months of constant idiocy.

If we integrate by DOH, how do we justify the losses that 180+ Flexjet pilots will have to endure? Losses such as captains eventually losing their seats and FOs sent further to the bottom of the list with no hope of and upgrade. These losses will be very significant.

I'm willing to suffer a little but if it means you're forced to use your flexjet doh, Syphilis.

Until then, stfu. It's been nice not hearing from you. Don't tell me the pleasant streak is about to end.

Congrats on achieving the rare feat of being equally maligned and disliked by all sides of this debate. What are you going for now? Puppies and priests to hate you too?

Now that we're going to be one big happy family, let's discuss where we all are going to fit in in this big happy family.

I know I've seen it proposed somewhere before but I like the percentage swap. If you're top 1% or bottom 99% of either list (or any other number in between) it is roughly where you'll end up of the new list.

I know Options will be most opposed to this but it sounds by far the fairest solution to me. Had there not been a merger or if there are 100 more in the future, we all end up about where we started.

To me fair and equitable means exactly that fair and equitable. We all end up roughly where we started with no huge winners or losers. DOH comes no where near accomplishing that goal nor any other solution I've seen except the straight percentage swap.

^^^^^

Is this Phil? If it is, there's 1001 reasons why you shouldn't be move beyond a first officer.

Last edited:
^^^^^

Is this Phil? If it is, there's 1001 reasons why you shouldn't be move beyond a first officer.

Yes, it's Phil. Amazing how he kept that to himself on Yammer all year. But anyone with an IQ north of 20 knew his, and all the other transfers, intentions from day one.

The FOK club has always had pilots that have to compensate for their lack of professional aviation skills. They only fly with certain other pilots and take check rides with only certain check airmen. Why we had 314 pilots agree that they wanted to continue their careers under such a system is beyond me.

I've got no Idea if that really is Phil, but he was asked directly on yammer what his preference for SLI is and he responded with "percentage". So if that is him, he has evidently changed his mind.

Guys, I know some of you will tell me to go away since I have no skin in this game. However, I have been through 2 SLIs in my career. Granted they were 121, but seniority is seniority.

If you can come to an agreement on your on (direct negotiation), you will be very unusual. That is best but very rare. Failing to agree, you will move to arbitration. The problem with arbitrators is that they are arbitrary and you have to accept their decision. In my experience, both sides will be mad at the arbitrator after the list is published. His (or her) problem is that both sides have career expectations. There is simply not enough good stuff available to meet all the expectations of both sides. The best he can hope for is that both sides will be equally mad. If that happens, he has done the best he can.

With my first SLI, I was royally pissed. So were the guys on the other side. As the years passed, I came to realize that what I thought was fair would have been unfair to the other side and vice versa. An 18 year fo will feel it is unfair that there are 6 year captains on the list senior to him. On the other hand, a pilot who has been a captain for 3-4 years would feel it is unfair for that fo who has never been a captain to bump him out of his seat.

I know it is hard (and impossible for some) to try to see the other side but you will have to work together whether you like it or not.

Good luck,

Helm

Latest resources

Back