• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is not a good deal for Airtran. 33% loss in relative seniority for me; from sr captain to jr b!tch captain for the next 5 years as the swa fo gets 12% increase and never has to sit reserve as a captain. Bring on the arbitrator.

Please, Please, Please

Convince all your buddies at Airtran to vote that piece of $hit down!

I beg you, because I know our pilots don't have the balls to!!

Vote it down!!!

So a junior AT pilot gets no chance of upgrade and displaced out of his base and then put into a junior seniority position till 2020 and then told, "you never could have been hired here and you just got bought so deal with it."

Now that's not what I had in mind when I read the Golden Rule, but hey... I did get a free lunch by the sunshine squad yesterday!

I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hades this will pass the SWA pilots. There would have to be some huge information that we cannot see. Everyone I have talked to will be not only a no, but heck no!

Our senior captains will vote no just because there is no money in it for them. Im sure most of our FO's will vote no. I'm voting no due to having a Airtran captain who is 4 years junior to me (10 year FO) making SWA captain pay.

No offense to the Airtran guys. All of the ones I have met lately seem like good guys.

I think arbitration is the best route now. I may lose more there, but at least I didn't hand my seniority on a platter to the other team. I think our best hope is that the Airtran MEC does turns down the offer and we go to arbitration that way. GK can be mad at the other team.

Very disappointed in our guys. There is some powerful strong brainwashing that happens when they get to Dallas.

T45

This is not a good deal for Airtran. 33% loss in relative seniority for me; from sr captain to jr b!tch captain for the next 5 years as the swa fo gets 12% increase and never has to sit reserve as a captain. Bring on the arbitrator.

No sympothy for any Airtran CA who is keeping his seat. Relative senority means nothing if you are fenced in ATL. Your life will not change. So your are a jr b!tch or should I say rich b!tch. Try being a junior FO. Where will we be, bottom of the bottom forever.

I bet this passes by a larger margin on SW side than Airtran side. Sr guys get 6% increase in relative seniority, and lose nothing.
4day, the bottom half of fo's lost less than anybdy else, they were already on the bottom.

So a junior AT pilot gets no chance of upgrade and displaced out of his base and then put into a junior seniority position till 2020 and then told, "you never could have been hired here and you just got bought so deal with it."

Now that's not what I had in mind when I read the Golden Rule, but hey... I did get a free lunch by the sunshine squad yesterday!

Where is the 2020 provision?

Are you just estimating it based on your seniority?

I don't follow the logic, help me out?

Where is the 2020 provision?

Are you just estimating it based on your seniority?

I don't follow the logic, help me out?

Here you go sunshine. It's listed under "buggery" on page 1 of this thread.

"Prior to 2020, approximately 2,600 SWA first officers are first in line for upgrades due to growth as well as attrition/retirements and aircraft deliveries."

The 2020 upgrade issue is reflecting a ZERO growth scenario. Obviously if we double in size tomorrow, all of us will be captains tomorrow. The 2600 FOs are just simply the ones that are senior to all AT FOs in the combined list.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the seniority projections. What # I was going to retire at before and what I will now. The age of the AT group is a sticking point.

As for all the inflammatory statements framing it as unfair in one way or another- this is something where we all have to look at how our lives will be impacted and not end up as polarized as Washington politics. Militant stances don't work. Period. Calm down, look at everything and how it will effect your life. I'm honestly more concerned about 20 years from now than anything. But completely willing to look at it objectively.

Emotion has no place in this. Look at it objectively, rationally, and respectfully.

Latest resources

Back