• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought is went straight to arbitration if either pilot group voted it down.

Your partially right. We are running out of time for mediation. It would most likely go right to arbitration due to the time line given in the process agreement.

RB

Last edited:
Site Temporarily Unavailable
Due to high volume we're quickly making adjustments to the web site. It will be back up in 10 minutes.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

That message is what I received when trying to log on to our SWAPA website. They shut our website down too! It's a conspiracy! ;)

I was surprised that all AirTran guys got to keep their captain seats, or at least that's what it looks like. I didn't think there was a chance of that happening.
You shouldn't be. Every recent arbitration award has kept Captains in their seats, regardless of how big the pay disparity was. From almost the first week of negotiations both sides had agreed that no Captain would be displaced. The length of the fence was the only negotiating point.

Sounds pretty much like what I originally proposed here.
I don't remember you saying anything about 80% of our F/O's getting stapled.

The only difference is the SWA only upgrade until 2020. That would probably make AAI F/Os unhappy.
The no-upgrades 'til 2020 wasn't widely known before this release. I'd say the crew room in ATL is probably at the boiling point right now.

Your partially right. We are running out of time for mediation. It would most likely go right to arbitration due to the time line given in the process agreement.
Correct.

Last edited:
This is not a good deal for Airtran. 33% loss in relative seniority for me and 4 yrs less than DOH; from sr captain to jr b!tch captain for the next 5 years as the swa fo gets 12% increase and never has to sit reserve as a captain. Bring on the arbitrator.

Last edited:
SWAPA Board of Directors Approves Seniority List Integration Agreement... The SWAPA Board of Directors has reviewed the final language, and I am pleased to announce, has voted unanimously to approve the Pilot Seniority List Integration (SLI) agreement and recommends a "yes" vote.

Now its up the 8 MEC. 8 yes 8 can screw this whole thing up.

I do not fly for Southwest or Airtran. This proposal is not fair. Anyone not working for Southwest can see that. This proposal reminds me of AA/TWA only Airtran is not a bankrupt company. It is a viable, expanding company. It amazes me how the Southwest pilots forget that they were one of the lowest paid airlines in the country 33 out of its 40 years in existence. I hope the Airtran pilots vote this down and get a fair shake. They need to stand up for themselves and not just bend over and take it because its Southwest.

It'll pass on the SWA side.

Funny how the critter team sold out their F/O's so their Capts could keep their seats. So sad.

Latest resources

Back