• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sorry just telling it like it is... airtran guys get a huge raise, and they want the world. swa shouldnt lose, we bought them! not sure why thats so hard to grasp

This is the easiest NO vote I have ever cast ...........GMAFB please

To go from 15% at airtran to 52.8% on the master list. Will be sliding backwards as 600 fo's upgrade ahead. The fo's in "our negotiated range" get a 12% increase in senority, I lose over 35%.

Senority is forever, and these facts above aren't pretty.

"I encourage both sides to vote no"
Same here.

Fredo, Fredo. That's not the biggest surprise. Drag out those alpa dues for your masters. Poison the culture. ALPA will remember your work against swa- you just keep looking out for #1.

I'd like to see the seniority projections. What # I was going to retire at before and what I will now. The age of the AT group is a sticking point.

As for all the inflammatory statements framing it as unfair in one way or another- this is something where we all have to look at how our lives will be impacted and not end up as polarized as Washington politics. Militant stances don't work. Period. Calm down, look at everything and how it will effect your life. I'm honestly more concerned about 20 years from now than anything. But completely willing to look at it objectively.

Emotion has no place in this. Look at it objectively, rationally, and respectfully.

Great point. Just through attrition I was in the top .5%.

My advice to the AirTran MEC...send it out for a vote. Give it a +- or neutral recommendation, but send it out. Quite frankly, if you don't, you will be second guessed and/or sued for not doing so. Look at the Frontier MEC, who quite obviously let their love of their CA seats/seniority lead the whole group down the path to oblivion/regional existence. Don't be that group. Your pilots want a choice here. Give it to them. If the majority votes to accept or reject this, it is by definition the choice of the group. If you vote to reject it, you will always be second-guessed for that choice...especially if that choice leads to the "nuclear option". I have never been one to advocate or proffer that option as realistic...however, GK himself put it in play 2 weeks ago. Something your membership should know, as you have been briefed on it. No one wants that. Just realistic expectations across the board. And yes, that includes our F/O's realistically understanding that your CA's keeping their seats was almost a certainty and they should get over it and look at the positives of this deal.

As for the 650 AT F/Os being stapled...well, considering that staple comes with the equivalent or better than an AT CA upgrade, then cry me a river. In one fell swoop, all AT F/Os will "upgrade" and realize their career expectations (except for that whole "window" thing). The rest is just gravy. Of course if someone put a gun to my head and offered me $1.5 million dollars I'd balk too, but I'm ornery and antisocial. My avatar should have clued you in on that, methinks. ;)

Fraternally and Respectfully,
PapaWoody

Latest resources

Back