Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll bet you $20 you're wrong.

Gup

I just said that I wouldn't bet, and you're trying to get me to bet? :) Sorry, but I'll pass. It really could go either way.

When you say we'd "exceed our financial career expectations", you're assuming that AirTran pilots compensation would never go up . You're assuming our pay would never rise and SWA would never fall.

There isn't a single airline that is on top today, that was on top 20 years ago.

Food for thought. My crystal ball broke long ago.

There isn't a single airline that has made money every year for 30+ (forget 20) years either. Oh wait. There is one.

Ths Mec should send it along with a yes, neutral or no reccomendation....It is far to important an issue for them to not pass it along.....

Ths Mec should send it along with a yes, neutral or no reccomendation....It is far to important an issue for them to not pass it along.....

An MEC should never send something out unless it's with a yes recommendation.

An MEC should never send something out unless it's with a yes recommendation.

Holy ********************!

I agree with PCL. You don't pass your obligation onto the membership. Especially when by the time you do and it fails, you're too late to attempt to further polish the turd and are on your way to Arby's.

Man up and own it - either way.

This deal, however, is FAR too good for any Tranny to vote NO on.

Gup

I must respectfully disagree with you on both points Gup....Some thing should only be decided by rank-and-file....and for many, not enough to change the outcome, but for many this whole deal is not a good deal.......

Very disappointed with SWA management for thinking it's a fair deal, and with MC/MEC for delivering this deal. Even more disappointed with SW pilots. Voting NO.

Man up and own it - either way.

Agreed. We elect these people to not only act like leaders, but to actually be leaders. Passing on your responsibilities to your constituents is wrong. A governing body should never be a rubber stamp.

This deal, however, is FAR too good for any Tranny to vote NO on.

On this, of course, we disagree. :) The deal is a mess.

If it's about money and benefits, why do we have to wait till april 1 for pay and up to 30 months for benefits?
With all the upgrades to SWA pilots till 2020 this is a total staple to ALL AT F/O's. What is fair about that? I doubt the MEC will even put this out for a vote. I am sorely disappointed. I was expecting something fair for all.
Pay comes and goes, seniority is forever.
Exactly -seniority is forever, so when a swa pilot wants the only thing positive in this deal for them-gaining seniority-they are ridiculed. Give them that big raise like you while improving their qol and more to their 401k, reduce their health care cost etc etc etc instead and bet most may take that deal. however, that wasn't offered. if you get to see it then vote no. SWA pilots are on property and on the list already, aai aren't. personally don't know if i'd risk that bad deal or not.

Also, you are waiting for pay apr 1 because of GK -the guy in charge of the money.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back