• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

sli at rah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do think that logic should apply to Midwest and Frontier as well. I don't think straight DOH is good for anyone.. Frontier was hiring as recently as 08.. that puts some F9 FO's below RAH FO's. With strong enough fences that could work, but is dicey.

However it only matters what an arbitrator thinks is by far the truest statement out there.

cale

Here's the only fair way:

When did each airline start flying? Using that date, take all people with a DoH prior to that and ratio them together. Then when the next airline started flying, ratio all those together and so on.

The arbitrators will take a look at what each airline has to offer, and what the career expectations are for each pilot. The Midwest guys don't have a lot to offer unfortunately (their planes are all gone), and their expectations are gone. I would think the F9 guys would be near the top, then some RAH pilots mixed in with a few Midwest guys, then the Lynx pilots, mixed in with some more Midwest guys. The arbitrators will hear from all sides, look at any agreements made with mangement, and give a ruling. Furloughed pilots are generally at the bottom of the list.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Probably impossible but all parties should try to avoid an arbitrator at all cost.
Especially a certain older gentleman who has been doing a great job of pi$$ing in a couple of different pilot groups Wheaties. I'm just sayin.

LaGarbage makes a good point. Take the F9-RAH integration. You can integrate them, but as Nic/AWA/USAir has shown, you can't force the two groups (3 if you count MidEx) to enter into negotiations.

Here's the only fair way:

When did each airline start flying? Using that date, take all people with a DoH prior to that and ratio them together. Then when the next airline started flying, ratio all those together and so on.

Republic's (chq) was 1973, F9 was 1994, Midwest 1984

but like i said before, the sli will be decided in arbitration. debating how it "should" go and what some people think is fair is pointless.

Republic's (chq) was 1973, F9 was 1994, Midwest 1984

but like i said before, the sli will be decided in arbitration. debating how it "should" go and what some people think is fair is pointless.

Technically "Midwest" was flying as the Kimberly Clark Corporate flying department a lot earlier than 1984.

Right, but that was a corporate flight department, running some shuttles.

doing it since 1948. those "shuttles" went out to Washington from Cheeseland. far more distance than Republic did in its Beech 99's.

So the new argument is who has flown the longest?

I don't this is going to win any battles.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back