• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think there's going to be any sort of weird outside circumstances with this one. Have a field day, boys. 15 pages at least.

"Don't let me wake up and catch you sleeping" comes to mind...

Oh boy. I agree, 15 pages of DAL basing please. Oh and yeah, can I have a side of fries with that?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NWA188

Looks like they took the track down. Smart on ALPA's part on whoever. According to flightaware they overflew MSP on roughly a 080 heading. Went past EAU and made the turn around Chippewa Falls, WI (home of Leinenkugels brewery).

They made a wide turn that brought them in north of the cities and had a long downwind to land 35. We certainly don't know all the details and I wish all the best to the crew. Could have happened to any of us.

Last edited:
The flight track is still available, you just have to select Oct 21. Does the Airbus just track existing heading when it reaches the last fix on an arrival? It looks like they hit MONKY and then just continued on that track?

Here's a few things to consider before ripping into these guys.

1) What was their alternate? - Looks sort of like a turn at Twinz intersection. Maybe they had an alternate of GRB, MSN, LSE?

2) Runway change as they got close to the airport? We are still down one parallel runway in MSP. When they change the airport plan, things get backed up as you know.

3) Maybe the Center controller was "on the landline?" LOL

4) Maybe they fell asleep. I hope that is not the case. Because at this point it would be a hater field day on here. Especially since none of those haters has ever walked the dog during any of their long duty days.

Everything is conjecture until the facts come out. A look at the big picture, which the media hates to do, would be in order here before the Monday morning quarterbacking starts.

Latest resources

Back