• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice attitude! Honesty will save the day. I am sure they know that now.

Would you not agree if your wife and two small kids were sitting in the back while this crew discussed "company policy".

You are right honesty will save the day. That is why these numbnuts shoud save taxpayers money and admit they were asleep or where ever because they were not in the cockpit.

They could have killed nearly 150 people so yes my attitude is nice because stupid stuff like this gives us all a black eye and unwanted press time on the 6pm news.

Would you not agree if your wife and two small kids were sitting in the back while this crew discussed "company policy".

You are right honesty will save the day. That is why these numbnuts shoud save taxpayers money and admit they were asleep or where ever because they were not in the cockpit.

They could have killed nearly 150 people so yes my attitude is nice because stupid stuff like this gives us all a black eye and unwanted press time on the 6pm news.

ACL65 and other mainline pilots feel differently when a regional does things like this....They aren't so quick to defend them...Yet another example of the double standard ....

The amount of ignorance on this forum is INCREDIBLE.

The thing that really surprises me is not that a couple of pilots may have fallen asleep. Even more surprising is the fact that pilots, who pretend to call themselves professional, come on here and ridicule other pilots when they screw up.

Do any of you "professionals" believe in kharma? What about trying to find out the truth instead of flaming away. Most good pilots I fly with will have a great landing and say it was lucky. Or they receive a compliment about something and give credit to the other guy. But somehow when some of you guys log onto your computers, you lose all sense of objectivity and start casting stones.

Whether or not it was Mesa, Delta, CO, UA, JB, etc... I just hope these guys were able to tell the truth and get this behind them. Does anyone think about the profession before their selfish needs? What about their families???

The next time one of you professionals hears a passenger make a cat call from the boarding area poking fun at whether or not you will be awake for the entire flight, I'd be willing to bet you would not find it funny at all.

The thing that really surprises me is not that a couple of pilots may have fallen asleep. Even more surprising is the fact that pilots, who pretend to call themselves professional, come on here and ridicule other pilots when they screw up.

Do any of you "professionals" believe in kharma? What about trying to find out the truth instead of flaming away.
It is a phenomena of the internet posting era from behaind a wall of supposed anonymity, if people had to put in their real names, you would find a great deal more civility and perhaps a great deal less conjecture.

Do any of you "professionals" believe in kharma? What about trying to find out the truth instead of flaming away. Most good pilots I fly with will have a great landing and say it was lucky. Or they receive a compliment about something and give credit to the other guy. But somehow when some of you guys log onto your computers, you lose all sense of objectivity and start casting stones.

Whether or not it was Mesa, Delta, CO, UA, JB, etc... I just hope these guys were able to tell the truth and get this behind them. Does anyone think about the profession before their selfish needs? What about their families???

The next time one of you professionals hears a passenger make a cat call from the boarding area poking fun at whether or not you will be awake for the entire flight, I'd be willing to bet you would not find it funny at all.

RedRum...Welcome to our world...Those of us at the regionals have been hearing these "cat calls" for the past year from passengers AND OUR MAINLINE "brothers"...We have watched our union go on national TV and blame "experience levels at the regionals"...

Here's the difference between us and the mainline pilots that bash the regionals....We realize that ANYONE can screw up...The events of this week prove this isn't a "regional" thing...

As to the "cat calls" you are worried about...Don't worry about...You'll learn to laugh at them just as we have....

Have a look at the threads that were started after the Go! pilots fell asleep on their inter-island flight in Hawaii. Have a look at the Comair and Colgan crash threads, have a look at EVERY ******* thread that's ever been started in the wake of a regional crew's accident/incident and you'll find major pilots sinking the boot in and taking cheap shots about the regional pilots' experience levels, professionalism, age, education level... you name it, it's there.

What needs to be pointed out is that these sorts of things can happen to anybody and that maybe some of the major pilots with Chuck Yeager complexes should come down off their high horses and exercise a little bit of humility.

have a look at the threads that were started after the go! Pilots fell asleep on their inter-island flight in hawaii. Have a look at the comair and colgan crash threads, have a look at every ******* thread that's ever been started in the wake of a regional crew's accident/incident and you'll find major pilots sinking the boot in and taking cheap shots about the regional pilots' experience levels, professionalism, age, education level... You name it, it's there.

What needs to be pointed out is that these sorts of things can happen to anybody and that maybe some of the major pilots with chuck yeager complexes should come down off their high horses and exercise a little bit of humility.

exactly!

Yeah, coz if these guys had been in sterile there's no way they'd have fallen asleep :rolleyes:

Maybe we shouldn't be so hard on the poor old grandpas - it was probably time for their afternoon nap...

Those poor old grandpas are alive today, unlike the young guns (who actually did need a nap), who put the flaps up thereby creating an accelerated turn stall killing all onboard last winter in BUF, or taxiing out and taking off on the wrong runway in SDF like the younger, smarter, I know it all Yeagers comming up now.

Those poor old grandpas are alive today, unlike the young guns (who actually did need a nap), who put the flaps up thereby creating an accelerated turn stall killing all onboard last winter in BUF, or taxiing out and taking off on the wrong runway in SDF like the younger, smarter, I know it all Yeagers comming up now.

They might be alive today, but by luck or design??

Just because there HAPPENED to not be anyone taxiing on the taxiway in ATL, and just because the NWA guys HAPPENED to wake up 150 nm east of MSP and not during the spiralling death plunge of a fuel exhausted Airbus somewhere over central Ontario, do you think that excuses their actions? Maybe next time they wouldn't be so lucky, just like the Comair and Colgan crews weren't so lucky.

Incidentally, I don't recall an incorrect runway being used in SDF any time recently... Refresh my memory?

Latest resources

Back