• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably been asked (don't feel like looking through 109 posts), but how old are they? My 62 year old dad has been falling asleep on the couch at 1030pm every night after work for the last 10 years...so my mom says.

How come no one is asking where they went to flight school? Are these guys PFTer's? Maybe this guys went through Gulfstream Academy? LOL
Where are all you that sh$t on low-time people. What's the excuse now? I bet the morons on the Airbus had like atleast 15,000 hours between the two of them. Come on guys if any regional crew would have done this or landed on a taxiway there would have been loooooooong thread about PFT and lowtime and blah blah blah. Some of you on this board are giving these guys a pass. Just think about that.

Right on, maybe this incident will shut these little cry babies up. The autopilots in these aircraft should be deactivated, and you guys should have to hand fly everything. Oh, and only VOR/DME too, no FMS/GPS/moving maps either. At least you guys will stay awake then.

Suppose the issue was that they de-selected the com1 on both the audio panels and never heard ATC calling and really were in a "heated discussion" (aka not minding the store) and simply weren't paying attention to where they were. Maybe dispatch was trying to reach them through ACARS, maybe not.

While they were certainly negligent, it might be a more benign story that folks imagine.

They were very negligent. Messing up the comm panel or having a discussion that caused you to miss some radio calls, I can understand. But how do you not notice the destination on the map display? I mean, past TOD, past the last point on the arrival, aircraft probably changing modes because it had no more route to follow? How does that happen to two professional pilots?

Even if their story is true, they should have lied and said they fell asleep. I think that is less negligent than what they are claiming happened.

I would be very curious as to the situational awareness of everyone else such as the flight attendants. They were going to MSP so at least some of the passengers would have connections. We all know if there is a five minute delay they are already worried about those connections. I would think that even the most clueless of flight attendants would be wondering if they were holding because by now someone has complained they are not going to make that connection.

I will certainly not pass judgment since I was not on the flightdeck, but there are definitely a lot of things to make you go Hmm!

I would be very curious as to the situational awareness of everyone else such as the flight attendants.

Controllers on the ground, pilots of other planes, even a flight attendant back in the cabin tried to alert the crew as the U.S. passenger airliner overshot its destination of Minneapolis at 37,000 feet.
I've gone coast to coast with one call from the back.

There was a retired Delta pilot on WSB this morning saying that it was highly unlikely that they fell asleep since it's only a 3hour and 30 min flight and it was mostly during the day.

There was a retired Delta pilot on WSB this morning saying that it was highly unlikely that they fell asleep since it's only a 3hour and 30 min flight and it was mostly during the day.

I wonder what he has to say about the GO! pilots that fell asleep on a 30 minute flight...

Latest resources

Back