SKYWEST to PAY 4.8 MILLION FOR MOVE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:rolleyes:okay Dave, Your bullets!
Your last sentence actually makes SOME sense using DOH! Make the fences so that no one loses their Capt position, but after merger is complete, open the bid up to all for a vote!
1. Yeah, because we were hired sooner! So are you saying that we should be punished for getting a job before some of your pilots?
2. Most likely because you have about what...80-90 E-120's. I believe that we have 12 ATR's and the rest are jets. Most people would rather fly jets over props, maybe that is why we have longer upgrades, I don't know?
3. I don't know if I would say "rescued," I would say the JA saw an AWESOME opportunity to purchase an EXTREMELY PROFITABLE company and to WHIPSAW two pilot groups against each other all the while bringing down his cost's even more?
4. UAL flying does nothing for me.
5. Yes, I believed that we would have had a West Coast base from the day I was hired here over 6 years ago. Especially with us being OWNED by big D.
6. Was fine with just flying for Delta!
Get this right Dave, I would not want to displace any active Capt from his/her position, but to give someone "seniority" over someone who has been in the game MUCH longer is just plane CRAZY!!

yeah I prefer living in ATL as well. Inbred, redneck, hillbilly, racist along with being the least educated part of the country is much better than the fruits and nuts.

Go rebel flag, go pick-up truck, and not to forget that so called sport where the only turn left

SOUTHERN PRIDE BABY!!

scarlet said:
they have decreased??? really--need to read your web board and go to yahoo aviation news and look up skywest---

Yes. Profits have decreased. Revenues on the other hand have increased. Do you understand the difference? Do you understand the concern about profit margins trending downward? I struggled to pass my finanacial and managerial accounting classes and quantitiative analysis was no walk in the park but this is pretty basic stuff that even a dumb guy like me can understand.

Revenue less expenses = profit
Increasing profits - good
Decreasing profits - bad
Increasing revenue and decreasing profit - bad (see previous line)

Watching someone trying to argue SKYW finances with Andy - priceless

Tomct,

Call someone in your MEC and ask them to explain the highlights of the ALPA merger manual to you. Ask for an explanation of "career expectations." Ask them to speak slowly using mostly monosyllabic words. Maybe someone will be able to help you understand. I just can't get down to your level.

Its hard not be mad at Skypest pilots when you have bottomfeeders like Dave saying staple is ok since ASA was "Rescued"

AdamKooper said:
Its hard not be mad at Skypest pilots when you have bottomfeeders like Dave saying staple is ok since ASA was "Rescued"

It's hard not to feel sorry for illiterate schmucks like Adam.
Since you probably suffer from ADD or something I'll repost what you're misunderstanding.

Here's what I said.

Dave Benjamin said:
To me a staple is just as reasonable a solution as DOH. So yes there is some sarcasm there. I figure if an ASA guys pushes for DOH we should be pushing just as hard for a staple since neither is an equitable solution.

What part of "neither is an equitable solution" is so hard to understand?

FYI here is a definition of equitable
In case you just squeaked by with a GED substitute the word "fair."
In case you still don't get it I said that a DOH integration would be UNFAIR just like a staple would be UNFAIR.

Source: Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

equitable
adj : implying justice dictated by reason, conscience, and a natural sense of what is fair to all; "equitable treatment of all citizens"; "an equitable distribution of gifts among the children" [syn: just] [ant: inequitable]

Please accept my apologies if you did not grow up speaking English. Having lived abroad I know it's tough to pick up on the nuances of a foreign language. But if you grew up here speaking the language you really should be able to understand what I posted in the first place.

Last edited:
Dave,

This may come as a shock but I am one ASA pilot who tends to agree that neither DOH nor Staple is fair.

If we ever did merge the pilot lists we would only know that it worked if both groups were equally unhappy at the result!

I will say though that a merger of the list should be the most important thing for everyone, Skywest and ASA, because until we do merge you can rest assured that quality of life can and will change at a moments notice, as management plays one group off against the other.

It is ASA today and could well be Skywest tomorrow that is on the receiving end of that beating.

LegalALien
ASA 50 seat Captain

scarlet said:
Skywest is going to pay 4.8 million to move ASA people back to ATL--would it not make sense to just leave those people in SLC and merge the airline?? Get rid of alot of salaries in ATL and just merge the employee groups by DOH--SAVES alot of headache and pissing people off....and ALOT OF MONEY--they could afford to pay us 2-4.00 more an hour if they wanted to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whipsaw value of having two airlines far exceeds $4.8 M.

scarlet said:
Skywest is going to pay 4.8 million to move ASA people back to ATL--would it not make sense to just leave those people in SLC and merge the airline?? Get rid of alot of salaries in ATL and just merge the employee groups by DOH--SAVES alot of headache and pissing people off....and ALOT OF MONEY--they could afford to pay us 2-4.00 more an hour if they wanted to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you start off saying that SkyWest can save money by merging the airlines - logical enough. What the fck does DOH have to do with saving the company money though? How is that NOT going to piss people off? Why did you even open that can of worms?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back