• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYWEST to PAY 4.8 MILLION FOR MOVE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I agree with your statements. This should not be a windfall for ASA pilots. Fences and protections will have to initially protect everyone. However, remember, in our current scenario, Skywest is taking 13 of OUR airplanes. Basically we are providing 13 70 seat aircraft for your growth. I believe that should be taken into some kind of consideration. What I want is for you and me and everyone else at our extremely profitable airline to talk and work everything out. This is going to be an incredible place to be.

Trojan"

USC,
You say that Skywest is taking your aircraft for their growth? If I remember correctly, the 13 700's that skywest is taking, are being replaced with 13 900's. How is that taking your airplanes for their growth? It seems like a win-win to me. I know the slc folks are going to have to move back to atl, and I'm sorry for that. That's pretty rough, but unfortunately that's the aviation business. Just trying to keep the facts out!

:rolleyes:Dave, you did not answer my bullets! M A Y B E I F I T A L K S L O W E R, You will understand! Dave, I KNOW that we would not be in the same situation as the Comair guys because we would most likely have gone on strike! We have proven time and time again that we are not willing to take paycuts for aircraft or anything else! They tried to put that carrot out there 2-3 years ago, that if we took a pay freeze, that we would get all these new airplanes. We told them to take a flying leap and we STILL got the aircraft! The reason skwst wanted us is due to the fact that we CONTROL ATL!! As for the rest of the crap, we will see!

Exdvr...Been a Capt for a LONGGGGG Time, Thanks for your Brilliant insight though?:rolleyes:

Quot from Tomct--Get this right Dave, I would not want to displace any active Capt from his/her position, but to give someone "seniority" over someone who has been in the game MUCH longer is just plane CRAZY!!

Ok - so you're a Capt.- great. I also do feel for the ASA SLC crews . In reference to the above statement you should put the shoe on the other foot.

A guy chooses SKW. He did not apply to ASA for whatever reason. SKW buys ASA. He now looks at the prospect of having to wait longer for upgrade because of all these new people ahead of him? Yes care to admit or not- you are new to him.

If we apply career expectations to this situation- What just happened to his?

Last edited:
wilde737 said:
"

USC,
You say that Skywest is taking your aircraft for their growth? If I remember correctly, the 13 700's that skywest is taking, are being replaced with 13 900's. How is that taking your airplanes for their growth? It seems like a win-win to me. I know the slc folks are going to have to move back to atl, and I'm sorry for that. That's pretty rough, but unfortunately that's the aviation business. Just trying to keep the facts out!

Really is Skywest giving up airplanes for those 70 seaters, Skywest is growing by 13 airplanes ASA is growing by 0 airplanes

Career Expectations change. Look no farther than Comair for that. ASA and Comair were the only two carriers doing 70 seat flying for Delta. So you could say that all of the guys Skywest has hired or were upgraded due to Skywest getting 700's for Delta are taking away ASA career expectations. That doesn't hold much water and neither does, "well my career expectations at Skywest are......" Things change and they always will. You took a chance going to Skywets just like I took a chance going to ASA. As of this moment your choice is woorking for you, but lets put another possible situation out there. Let's say Delta decides to shut down the SLC hub. (before you say it won't happen look at DFW, LAX and possibly soon CVG) Delta wants all of the Skywest 700 flying in ATL and will add more 900 flying at ASA along with all other growth opportunities. All SLC 50 seat flying comes to an end. Your companies upgrade went from 1.5 years to 6 years overnight. Your carrer expectations have just changed. So should you get to fly in ATL on routes ASA is providing lift on and the ASA guys get put on the street? After all you would be new to ATL. Career expectations change. Face it, if (that is a big if) we get the chance to merge the lists Skywest will no longer have a two year upgrade as long as ASA has six year guys in the right seat.

Last edited:
OK Willy21- Thanks for the valid and intelligent debate verses the normal name callin. But now we should ask - Would an arbitrator base career expectation on what was hapenning, or what JUST changed?

My hope is that we work it out and never have to let an arbitrator have a say. We would control more if we both worked out the deal. If an arbitrator got involved all bets would be off as to how he would see things.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back