• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYWEST to PAY 4.8 MILLION FOR MOVE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave, we had the SLC base before SKW bought us. I for one could care less about anything west coast. Just a bunch of fruits and nuts that live out there.

I don't want a merger, leave everything the way it is.

Sorry for our ASA people in SLC but, lifes a bitch, this industry sucks and it's getting worse by the day!

GO AROUND said:
Dave, we had the SLC base before SKW bought us. I for one could care less about anything west coast. Just a bunch of fruits and nuts that live out there.

I don't want a merger, leave everything the way it is.

Sorry for our ASA people in SLC but, lifes a bitch, this industry sucks and it's getting worse by the day!

SKYW started flying codeshare for Western about 26 years ago. What you don't hear on this board is SKYW folks complaining about the loss of flying and resultant loss of income as SLC lineholders found themselves on reserve as a result of SLC flying being given to ASA.

Best regards and enjoy ATL,

another west coast fruit or nut

I am sorry for caring but I want us all (as one company to survive and not spend stupid money) Stop trying to put skyw vs asa pilots...that is what mgt. wants. We are in this together like it or not--here we are--we can either fight or get along--I chose the later....SKYW pilots should call on their mgt. to stop spending crazy money on two of everthing (sch. payroll. HR, Dispatch, presidents, vps.) And for SKYW profits did jump over 123% from yty---and you guys want to hate us all of the sudden--??

:mad:CFIT, what you don't understand is that those airplanes they "SAY" are coming to ASA in ATL, could change at a moments notice. Just because they say they are headed our way, don't mean chit!!

They could fly skywst through ATL and have them fly those 705's, due to their 50-99 seat pay rate!

scarlet said:
... And for SKYW profits did jump over 123% from yty...

Could you remind me for which time period SKYW profits jumped 123% from yty? Profit increases since ASA acquisition have been less than 100% increase and reflect the added profits ASA brings to the table proportional to the revenue and expenses ASA brings. Overall, profit margins have decreased from 6.45% to 4.66%.

Andy Neill said:
Could you remind me for which time period SKYW profits jumped 123% from yty? Profit increases since ASA acquisition have been less than 100% increase and reflect the added profits ASA brings to the table proportional to the revenue and expenses ASA brings. Overall, profit margins have decreased from 6.45% to 4.66%.

Just another reason that regional airlines need to require some education beyond a GED. Or perhaps during indoc someone could explain the difference between revenue and profits to these guys. I'm pretty sure he's referring to the jump in revenue which is largely due to acquisition of ASA.

they have decreased??? really--need to read your web board and go to yahoo aviation news and look up skywest---

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back