• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest to IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you regional guys have your heads up your butz.

I didn't know this had gone to the point of that comment.

I am sure you have to be good to fly into ASE. But, what I am saying is there is a whole other world out there that many regional pilots can't even comprehend, and obviously don't think about.

There's a whole world that many major pilots have forgotten about, if they were ever there to begin with. No matter how you put it, as in regional pilots can't comprehend, or as I put it, haven't done it since the Nixon administration for the grey hairs in the left seat of the 777 there are gaps. The been there done that thing a couple of decades ago doesn't sit well with me for boasting rights.

Hey general, I might have missed your response. Did delta have a policy after they bought Western that a former Western pilot had to be in the cockpit on the flghts to the mountain cities out of SLC?

Sorry, I just read the first one. I wasn't around during that merger (I am a 96 hire), so I can't say for sure, but I believe you might be correct. Anytime you fly into a new area, there are checkairmen watching. That is prudent. I don't know how long that lasted, but I bet until the DL guys were comfortable. I know an ATL 767ER Checkairman, and he goes on quite a few flights now with the LAX 767ER crews down to Sao Paulo on their nonstop from LAX---to make sure those guys get the training so they can do it by themselves eventually. Wouldn't you say that is smart? Sure beats flying to Rapid City, eh?

Bye Bye--General Lee

He reeled you in, Gen Lee is not a pilot at a major or legacy carrier.

Really? Oh yeah, I am a CEO. You sound like an idiot.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I didn't know this had gone to the point of that comment.

There's a whole world that many major pilots have forgotten about, if they were ever there to begin with. No matter how you put it, as in regional pilots can't comprehend, or as I put it, haven't done it since the Nixon administration for the grey hairs in the left seat of the 777 there are gaps. The been there done that thing a couple of decades ago doesn't sit well with me for boasting rights.

The "world" that major airlines pilots have forgotten about was due to legacies giving away routes to the regionals. How many legacy pilots wanted to give away Montana flying? I can tell you---ZERO. The customers also liked the mainline planes, and RJs are a sad excuse for a replacement. Also, besides some nice destinations that should remain mainline flying (like Montana), what are major airline pilots missing or forgetting about when it comes to regionals? Less pay? Tougher work schedules? More legs per day? Flying with newbees? None of that sounds appealling to a major airline pilot, which is why many left the regionals in the first place. The legacies are figuring out that RJs aren't worth it, and more and more will go away, leaving you guys to find new feed (Airtran and United--ASA) for very little financial gain. That means regionals will get smaller, and those same cities once dumped by Legacies will eventually come back into the fold. All will be complete eventually. Add new FAA work rules coming up here, and the regionals will lose a lot of their cost advantages, resulting in more nails in the coffin. But hey, maybe you can follow the ASA CR7s to Vietnam, they may need your services. (Brad Holt may allow you to switch over....)

Bye Bye---General Lee

The only reason SkyWest is doing this.. Is 1.) they have a COS base, 2.) it needs to be a 700 not a 200. Lets remember its only one flight. If ASA had 700's for United and SkyWest didnt have a COS base im sure it would have been them. Move on......

The legacies are figuring out that RJs aren't worth it, and more and more will go away

Don't worry. We are all waiting for that day. The reason the RJs are on their way out is that financial incentives that made them effective are basically gone. More mainline planes, better for most of us. You act as though this is a huge threat. It isn't.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back