• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to buy Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the announcement is that Delta will merge Mesaba with Delta to relief the scope clause and buy 100 new 100 seat aircraft. it will be a date of hire intergration with 25% of the CA seats on the 777 set aside for former Avro captains and union members who negotiated the 04' contract.................... Riddle me this, how is it a carrier who is wholly owned by another could offer to buy a carrier-thsi rumor is bull-I like how it morphed into skywest buying XJ-priceless

Do you need a history lesson? Skywest and ASa are operated as 2 separate companies. I guess we'll find out tomorrow at 9:30!

Last edited:
Well add the 76 seat jets up and CPS, Freedom, and Republic and then subtract them from 153 (current limit.) What do you get? :D

Now look in the DAL PWA and see what the number allowed is if the flows become unavailable. Little too close for comfort?

Compass+Freedom+Republic
36+0+16=52

153 minus the 52 above = 101

Compared to 85 below:

------
In the event the flow provisions of NWA LOA 2006-10 and LOA 2006-14 cease to be available, either at the feeder carrier affiliate referenced in such LOAs or at another carrier, the number of jet aircraft configured with 71-76 passenger seats specified in Section 1 B. 40. d. will revert to 85.
------

I don't understand

Have you asked your MEC where they will be tomorrow? Are they still flying? (all of you all not just ASA)

freedom had 900s that were then awarded to comair but then sent to pinnacle for a temporary amount of time and then awarded to mesaba but then only a couple of them went to mesaba and the rest went to ASA and now i am completly tounge tied and going crazy.

Makes a lot of sense though that skywest sent those 900's from mesaba to asa if they were going to be combined though.

freedom had 900s that were then awarded to comair but then sent to pinnacle for a temporary amount of time and then awarded to mesaba but then only a couple of them went to mesaba and the rest went to ASA and now i am completly tounge tied and going crazy.

Makes a lot of sense though that skywest sent those 900's from mesaba to asa if they were going to be combined though.

You raise a good point, which is that none of these airlines actually own the 900's (or E-175s for Compass) so mergers and acquisitions are almost an exercise. Why buy an airline (crew supply company) when they don't own their planes and they could just be transferred to the potential purchaser.

Latest resources

Back