• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKywest takes more Union Work

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the first time aircraft (and more specifically jobs) from a union carrier are directly being transferred one-for-none to a non-union carrier, and ALPA sits on its arse as usual.

When will you understand? ALPA can't do SH1t about it.

This is the first time aircraft (and more specifically jobs) from a union carrier are directly being transferred one-for-none to a non-union carrier, and ALPA sits on its arse as usual.

There's nothing in our current contract that prohibits the transfer of aircraft. What leg would you have ALPA stand on to stop it? So get off the lame, "it's all ALPA's fault" bandwagon!!! Putz!!

Yeah it sucks, but it is what it is.

Ron's statement implies that ASA is more likely to do the CVG flying. That's good news for them! Perhaps it also means they'll get a contract hammered out before Feb '07.

You guys claim SkyWest is a bunch of scumbags for taking Comairs flying but if ASA gets it, it's good for ASA? Why is it ok for ASA? You're a bunch of double talkin doushbags.

You have to live in the present Rez. you can't be sitting around worrying about what "could" happen all the time. You can drive yourself crazy if you do that. I am not paranoid, I am a logical person. I am living for the moment not what could happen.

If you are not looking out any further than your own nose then you are gonna eventually gonna fall flat on your face. Cause somethings gonna trip you up; it's not a matter of if, but when. Being that shortsided is scary. Aren't ya glad there are others in your group that aren't so shortsided?

We should all be more concerned with the USAIR bid for DAL. A good majority of regional guys not to mention others will be out on their can if that happens.

ASA is not higher!

They are taking all of ASA's 700's because ASA's costs are higher than SkyWests (Hmmmm....maybe that's because ASA actually wants to be paid more to fly a larger airplane...what an idea!?!?!)

I believe that at the end of the month, Skywest 700 pilots are paid more than ASA. ASA is currently the lowest overall cost airline of all the DCI variant. Sky is getting the 700's for no other reason than to prove a point regardless of costs. JA does not like unions, period. He has to believe he got the upper hand in this contract before we see anything come to ASA. Sad but true!

jeez...did some of you go to college. You're an embarassment the way you conort the definition of words.

BTW I think we can all agree that SkyW inc. bought these planes.

We are no crossing picket lines.

Just because you're mad, doesn't mean you should try and bring us down too.

You idiots are telling skyw pilots to get a union, when it is a UNION carrier that is losing it flying! I hope blue dont get alpa, I don't want to lose our flying!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back