• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKywest takes more Union Work

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always thought a scab was someone who crossed a picket line.I have not seen many picket lines at the regionals except for Comair and that was a while ago.

Last edited:
Many at Skywest supported Comair when they went on strike and would not fly struck work. To use the word SCAB is an insult. Scarlet, you're a D!CK and can go F*** yourself for using the word SCAB where it does not apply.

I would love to see ASA get the Comair flying just to see these loudmouth morons eat their words.

Delta awards more flying to Skywest. Skywest is to take 13 airplanes from ASA and now 12 of Comairs. A non-union company taking unionized labor ??

SCAB?--they have opportunity to vote ALPA in we shall see?

I know why on a major board, because you guys need to know what is going on and if your company was to do this how would you feel that ALPA's hands are tied.

Ex. Look at Atlas and Polar...

Anyone see a picket line around here??? You said it yourself..."Delta awards more flying to Skywest"... What do the Skywest pilots have to do with that? You expect them all to quit because they feel sorry for you? Would you quit if the tables were turned? That's just life at the regionals. Contracts come and go. Always have, always will. Get used to it. And for God's sake, stop using the "S" word where it is completely and utterly inappropriate.

Scab?? NO! Nobody is on strike! Please don't misuse that word. I know many EAL pilots that have left aviation as a result of "scabs"! You may not agree with what they are doing, I don't, but they are NOT scabs!
Perhaps scumbags is a better word!

Has anyone seen Concourse A at CVG lately, its all CHQ. None of this flying belongs to any particular "vendor" regional carrier. The flying is owned by DL and farmed out to the vendor of its choice.

To say that one regional is taking another regionals flying is insane. If you don't play the game and play it well then it will be game over ALA ACA.

You may not agree with what they are doing, I don't, ...
Perhaps scumbags is a better word!

I question this also. What are "they", the Skywest PILOTS, doing, exactly? What are they doing that would make them "scumbags"? Is it just me, or is there some seriously misdirected anger here? For the record- I'm not Skywest, never was, don't have any friends there. I just don't get it.

Delta awards more flying to Skywest. Skywest is to take 13 airplanes from ASA and now 12 of Comairs. A non-union company taking unionized labor ??

I know why on a major board, because you guys need to know what is going on and if your company was to do this how would you feel that ALPA's hands are tied.

Ex. Look at Atlas and Polar...

Scarlet,

You are an embarrasment to the ASA pilots. What a F'n schmuck.

Gentlemen,

Please ignore Scarlet. He is a good guy BUT lately I can't account for any of the crazy drivel he has been spewing.

He is acting like ASAs village idiot. His posts about ASA and the election over here have been nothing but inflammatory garbage. His post about SkyWest pilots have been represhensible.

Using "scab" about anyone not crossing a picket line is immature and does nothing but stir the pot.

Scarlett, you know who I am and I wish you would stop with these posts. I am not sure what you are trying to do but you do a lot more harm than good.

SkyWest guys, ignore him. We'll see if we can get him back on his meds...

skywest has its own inhouse union do they not? just like SWA,UPS and AA.

regionals now take flying away from mainline and they are lower paid...are they scabs then?

mesa and their pilots came in and got a UAL contract from Air wisky. are they not worse than skywest then, whose pilots at least make more and have a better contract than mesa's?how about TSA? both alpa outfits lowering the bar one contract at a time.

both atlas and polar were alpa, we know how well that went and what a ridiculous lack of support Polar received from national.

alpa national should have made all regional pilots part of mainline with 100% flow through and all new hires going to regional first. it should have put a lot of effort in increasing pay and benefits there, thus preventing absurd regional growth and the need for more than one regional carrier from flying for the same major. they didn't, they drop the ball, one more example of Duane's failed vision,leadership and greed.

alpa national leadership does not give a crap about you at the regionals , understand that?

maybe the new guy does and will try to dosomething to prevent this race to the bottm on an already bottom world...we'll see.

The part I put in bold is not really a good statement because the regionals don't come in and just take the mainline flying....it is put up for bid by the mainline carriers management. I do agree with you though that the regionals do too much flying that should be done with mainline jets, but that flying wasn't taken...it was given.

Someone also said the flying was going to SkyWest the company, not the airline, so maybe ASA could do it....that would be really great for the ASA guys, but it will be SkyWest. They are taking all of ASA's 700's because ASA's costs are higher than SkyWests (Hmmmm....maybe that's because ASA actually wants to be paid more to fly a larger airplane...what an idea!?!?!)

Good Luck All

Latest resources

Back