• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKywest takes more Union Work

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's great that the pilot's at Skywest don't want ALPA. They send a great message to the union by turning them down. Im in the union and I think it's a waste of my hard earned money. Keep up the work.

This is the first time aircraft (and more specifically jobs) from a union carrier are directly being transferred one-for-none to a non-union carrier, and ALPA sits on its arse as usual.

I think it's great that the pilot's at Skywest don't want ALPA. They send a great message to the union by turning them down. Im in the union and I think it's a waste of my hard earned money. Keep up the work.

you got that exactly right. 10 years of my WASTED money...if it wasn't for prison time I'd go kick in their doors and get it back.

Just read Ron Reber's post concerning the Comair flying. While he starts by saying that he doesn't know where the flying is going ;), he goes on to state that cost isn't the only factor, ASA may be better positioned, there are a lot more opportunities, etc., etc.,...basically getting the troops ready for the fact that the flying is going to ASA.

So you can pretty much bet on it.

Last edited:
Skywest, while all the other regionals are getting hammered, do you think you will remain forever immune? and if not, do you think you will get support when you do....

It's your bed....

You have to live in the present Rez. you can't be sitting around worrying about what "could" happen all the time. You can drive yourself crazy if you do that. I am not paranoid, I am a logical person. I am living for the moment not what could happen.

Just read Ron Reber's post concerning the Comair flying. While he starts by saying that he doesn't know where the flying is going ;), he goes on to state that cost isn't the only factor, ASA may be better positioned, there are a lot more opportunities, etc., etc.,...basically getting the troops ready for the fact that the flying is going to ASA.

He goes on to say that the RFP calls for 50 76 jets. So ASA might get the 900's also.

He goes on to say that the RFP calls for 50 76 jets. So ASA might get the 900's also.

I wouldn't count on it. ASA is so deep in despair I'm surprised delta hasn't thrown them out of atlanta.

I wouldn't count on it. ASA is so deep in despair I'm surprised delta hasn't thrown them out of atlanta.

Awww poor little SuperPoopy has a hard one for her ex-employer! You know nothing Poopy. Thought you were at CAL now? Why don't you go cry and whine on the major board. You must miss us huh. Loser!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Scarlet,

You decry SkyWest's success solely on the ground that they are non-union company, yet in the past you have not only excused but celebrated GoJets because "at least they voted in a union."

I, for one, think you need to re-evaluate your priorities...

Ron's statement implies that ASA is more likely to do the CVG flying. That's good news for them! Perhaps it also means they'll get a contract hammered out before Feb '07.

Latest resources

Back