SkyWest takes Delta for Everything It's Got

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
The key is to get the aircraft first, and then wait for the next contract to raise the pay.

Exactly what SKYW pilots were told when they were voting on the 50-99 seat pay deal wasn't it? I think partial or total loss of UAX codeshare was also predicted. Kind of ironic that you'd use the same line of logic.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
But think about it, those rates for 100 seaters (set by Jetblue management) will affect everyone---your management will bring those same rates up during your negotiations. (when are they again?) They would have to do that----how can a 70 seater pay more than a 100 seater? That would be their first question. How can you answer that?

It would be a lot easier to deal with if it was just JetBlue with those rates. With JetBlue we can accurately describe them as a LCC upstart. None of their pilots have been there long enough to even come close to the top of the scale. DAL is a far different story as a mature legacy carrier with strong international network and dramatically lowered costs.

I agree with you General. You'll be helping to lower the bar for both the regionals and the majors. You gotta feel good about that, don't you?

Why is it I have never been to the "real airline" forums?, but Mr. Lee lives
on the "FEED" forums. Do you have nothing better to do, perhaps reading
sportys catalog on how to spend your 5X pay check ($400,000 a year) would be better for us all.

On the other hand, Mr. Lee is trying SOOOOOO VERYYYYYY HARDDDD to let us know that HIS life is sooooo much better then ours. All I can say is I guess WE (FEEDERS) are doing something right in order for Mr. Lee to tell himself (and all of us feeders) that he is still better.

Dave Benjamin said:
Exactly what SKYW pilots were told when they were voting on the 50-99 seat pay deal wasn't it? I think partial or total loss of UAX codeshare was also predicted. Kind of ironic that you'd use the same line of logic.

Yes, but the SkyWest lawyers had the paperwork done the next morning by 7am. Amazing work by those guys! Must have ordered a bunch of pizza. Then you will bring up that our 757s and 767s pay the same. Well, we brought our 757 wages UP TO the 767 wages. (C2K contract)

Bye Bye--General Lee

everyonedoa360 said:
Why is it I have never been to the "real airline" forums?, but Mr. Lee lives
on the "FEED" forums. Do you have nothing better to do, perhaps reading
sportys catalog on how to spend your 5X pay check ($400,000 a year) would be better for us all.

On the other hand, Mr. Lee is trying SOOOOOO VERYYYYYY HARDDDD to let us know that HIS life is sooooo much better then ours. .

6000 posts in 3 years? 'nough said. What a pitiful life.:( Poor guy. Nobody will come out and play with him so he sits with his computer and tells everyone how great he is.

Dave Benjamin said:
It would be a lot easier to deal with if it was just JetBlue with those rates. With JetBlue we can accurately describe them as a LCC upstart. None of their pilots have been there long enough to even come close to the top of the scale. DAL is a far different story as a mature legacy carrier with strong international network and dramatically lowered costs.

I agree with you General. You'll be helping to lower the bar for both the regionals and the majors. You gotta feel good about that, don't you?

Dave,

Since we are all doing poorly, we have to go for the wages at the benchmark, which was set by Jetblue management. The latest wage for the E190 was set by USAir/AWA--which was increased to $98 an hour from (jetblue's $87 an hour) for a 12 year Captain. It is going up, a bit. And, we raised pilot pay in general for everyone once. No one remebers that. That helped Fedex, Southwest, etc. We aim to go back there one day.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ohplease! said:
6000 posts in 3 years? 'nough said. What a pitiful life.:( Poor guy. Nobody will come out and play with him so he sits with his computer and tells everyone how great he is.

You go after my post number because you can't debate me otherwise. Sad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Yes, but the SkyWest lawyers had the paperwork done the next morning by 7am.

You have a clever way of avoiding the tough questions. True it was already a done deal but how was anyone to have known that? You've also dodged your hypocritical BS about "getting the planes on the property and trying for better rates on the next contract." That's pretty much what the SKYW pilots did. Even with the controversial rates in place the earnings of a SKYW pilot over the first 5-10 years are likely to be far more than most other regionals due to the growth and resultant quicker upgrades. I think the pilot group has learned from the previous mistakes as evidenced by the recent TA vote.

Like all of us I wanted the uniform, to fly a cool jet as quick as possible, to feel equal to my friends, have hot chicks look at you during boarding while you flip switches and look cool, and all that other stuff

Dave Benjamin said:
You have a clever way of avoiding the tough questions. True it was already a done deal but how was anyone to have known that? You've also dodged your hypocritical BS about "getting the planes on the property and trying for better rates on the next contract." That's pretty much what the SKYW pilots did. Even with the controversial rates in place the earnings of a SKYW pilot over the first 5-10 years are likely to be far more than most other regionals due to the growth and resultant quicker upgrades. I think the pilot group has learned from the previous mistakes as evidenced by the recent TA vote.

Dave,

Ok, give me that "tough question" again. And, we are in bankruptcy and our chief competitor on the East Coast just bought new 100 seaters and set the pay rate. Do we really have any room, specifically in our situation, to ask for twice as much as our chief competitor? We don't. Now, on other planes that they do not have, we can ask for more---like 767s and 777s. But, when it comes to competing with the competition on the same types of planes, unless we are frothing over in profits, we cannot ask for $30 bucks more an hour. Our other pay was brought down to "industry standard" (767 Capt, 777 Capt etc at AA/CAL/ etc), and a future 100 seater rate would do the same. Make sense yet? You may have to do the same with your 50/70 seaters too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back