Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"making 5 times what you guys are making."

Genral,

You make $400,000 a year as a 75 fo??? What will you make as a Md-88 captain???

HOw is the studdying going? YOu must be very excited...

Mookie

Mookie said:
"making 5 times what you guys are making."

Genral,

You make $400,000 a year as a 75 fo??? What will you make as a Md-88 captain???

HOw is the studdying going? YOu must be very excited...

Mookie

Alright, 5 times might be too much. Maybe two to three times. That sounds about right. And, again, since I haven't seen the latest bid, I don't know about the MD88. Also, it appears I MIGHT be able to hold the plug Captain spot on the 737-800 in NYC---if things work out. That would be better because I flew the 738 for a year in '97. Great HUD system for the Captain--allowing you to hand fly a CatIII. So, since I don't know which plane yet---no studying. And, I am excited. How about you? Flown that CR7 for CR2 pay yet? The 738 will pay a bit more than the MD88 too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Alright, 5 times might be too much. Maybe two to three times. That sounds about right.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It must be nice to live in a fantasy world of diminished reality. A ten year RJ captain can easily make 90 to 110k a year. So you are really looking at maybe 10 to 30% more at best.

For that extra 10 to 30% more you have to stress with your company in BK, walk thru the terminal looking like you just smelled a fart, act like a moron on the radio, and in your case try to tell all the other pilots what to do.

You look to be making too much, Prudy was right. generalcoinbag

Genral,

I've flown the 70 about as much as you've flown the 75 for Southwest 73 pay...(Actually I take that back...they make more than you...I just looked it up, sorry.)

Good luck on the upgrade, we're ALL pulling for you.
Mookie

devil in the details

General Lee said:
Alright, 5 times might be too much. Maybe two to three times. That sounds about right. And, again, since I haven't seen the latest bid, I don't know about the MD88. Also, it appears I MIGHT be able to hold the plug Captain spot on the 737-800 in NYC---if things work out. That would be better because I flew the 738 for a year in '97. Great HUD system for the Captain--allowing you to hand fly a CatIII. So, since I don't know which plane yet---no studying. And, I am excited. How about you? Flown that CR7 for CR2 pay yet? The 738 will pay a bit more than the MD88 too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General FLEA!!! I know several 10 year captains that make 120K a year and have 16-18 days off a month. They are insulated from you and your "wind check squad" You need to layoff the posting if you want to have any eyes left to use that HUD. I do need a ride to St. Thomas in the spring so get ready for some drinks.

CFIT said:
It must be nice to live in a fantasy world of diminished reality. A ten year RJ captain can easily make 90 to 110k a year. So you are really looking at maybe 10 to 30% more at best.

For that extra 10 to 30% more you have to stress with your company in BK, walk thru the terminal looking like you just smelled a fart, act like a moron on the radio, and in your case try to tell all the other pilots what to do.

You look to be making too much, Prudy was right. generalcoinbag

You will ALWAYS lose debating me. Let's say I stay at Delta the rest of my career, and you stay at SkyWest. How will we do then? I can move up to larger aircraft, and our current contract will be up in 5 years, and hoping that we do better financially---we can get a raise. I will probably get 15% matching for our new Defined Contribution program (that is what United has.....)---so I will probably get 15% of my monthly Captain salary matched in my new 401K etc. That is a lot. Even with a NW merge, I should still be a Captain due to a % merger. So, how will I do compared to you? 3 or 4 times more? How about when we both turn 60? You are very likely getting a pay freeze or pay cut soon, which is unfortunate---but the way the regionals are going too. We all are going to get a pay cut. And, you will be the one smelling my fart in the terminal. It was Wendy's.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Halo_RJdriver said:
General FLEA!!! I know several 10 year captains that make 120K a year and have 16-18 days off a month. They are insulated from you and your "wind check squad" You need to layoff the posting if you want to have any eyes left to use that HUD. I do need a ride to St. Thomas in the spring so get ready for some drinks.

I don't call for wind checks---only ex-Navy guys do. And, the HUD will allow me a better view so I don't have to squint----which will save my sight and allow me more time on this board. And, if you want to go to St. Thomas----you are always welcome. I will make sure you get as many Coke's as you want----no charge. I usually do St.Thomas and San Juan turns from ATL in the Winter, with an occasional SAN layover.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Mookie said:
Genral,

I've flown the 70 about as much as you've flown the 75 for Southwest 73 pay...(Actually I take that back...they make more than you...I just looked it up, sorry.)

Good luck on the upgrade, we're ALL pulling for you.
Mookie

You're probably right, they do make more than I do, and they should--they are profitable. I have no problem with that, and hope they continue to so someday we can get back there. At least we have the ability to go for the big pay. Ron Reber and Brad Holt say you don't deserve it.

And, the upgrade will be there, and it will go well I am sure. I am hoping for the 738 because I have already done a full type oral on that aircraft, and I initially trained on it with another FO, so I got to use the HUD a lot. You would love it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Tea Bag...

Okay, seriously, are you trying to sound like a tool? I mean, you are saying stuff that I make up when I tell my non-pilot friends how big of a dork most pilots are...

You have to be putting us on, you aren't that big of a pilot dork are you?

Last edited:
ExFokkerFlyer said:
General Tea Bag...

Okay, seriously, are you trying to sound like a tool? I mean, you are saying stuff that I make up when I tell my non-pilot friends how big of a dork most pilots are...

You have to be putting us on, you aren't that big of a pilot dork are you?

Nope, not a dork, just better informed than you. This hasn't been an easy job, and the last 4 years have been tough watching this thing fall down. But, 2300 captains leaving in 18 months has made it easier. And Gaylord Fokker, try to grow up a bit---you sound like a total douche. You have a friend? Where did you buy it?(a blow up doll?)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back