Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Dave,

I will still make 5 times more money and have a better schedule than you or anyone at SkyWest. (except Ron Reber....--He will make ten times more money than any pilot at SkyWest)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Too Funny General Lush--

I remember writing something along the lines of my income outside of ASA and my QOL and your retort was that it was a childish rant, etc, ect. But as you boast about what I consider paultry pay at 150k as an 88 captain and your QOL over a skywest guy I can't help but smile. Your elitist attitude is the kind that got you into trouble 15 years ago when RJ's were farmed out. And now its your shortsightedeness that will keep you there. Like I said, you better hope to all that is good on earth that Delta doesn't fold. It's chumps like you that get their Arses handed to them every day in a place I live called the free market. Speaking of free market economics, gee, I wonder where oh where all those 70's, 705's, etc are going.. may not be ASA but it is guaranteed not to be what you consider mainline:)

ps- I can't imagine being forced to fly crappy trips as a junior 88 captain, overnighting in places like little rock and des moines for a pathetic 150k. What a sucker...

Sad part is, as a commuter long ago I met a lot of reasonable, intelligent pilots over at Delta. You my friend are a boob--

Last edited:
CFIT said:
How many of you dorks went over 250K, 225K, 200K, last year?

Lets hear it...

Can you imagine it at the DCI's?

I did just fine, and moving to the other seat will "insulate" (as Ron likes to say) my current pay. How many guys made that much? Probably a lot in 2005 since we had so many retirements and they were short and had to give out greenslips or park planes. I didn't do any, but I still did well. And no, I can't imagine it at DCI.

Bye Bye--Geneal Lee

enuffalready said:
Too Funny General Lush--

I remember writing something along the lines of my income outside of ASA and my QOL and your retort was that it was a childish rant, etc, ect. But as you boast about what I consider paultry pay at 150k as an 88 captain and your QOL over a skywest guy I can't help but smile. Your elitist attitude is the kind that got you into trouble 15 years ago when RJ's were farmed out. And now its your shortsightedeness that will keep you there. Like I said, you better hope to all that is good on earth that Delta doesn't fold. It's chumps like you that get their Arses handed to them every day in a place I live called the free market. Speaking of free market economics, gee, I wonder where oh where all those 70's, 705's, etc are going.. may not be ASA but it is guaranteed not to be what you consider mainline:)

ps- I can't imagine being forced to fly crappy trips as a junior 88 captain, overnighting in places like little rock and des moines for a pathetic 150k. What a sucker...

Sad part is, as a commuter long ago I met a lot of reasonable, intelligent pilots over at Delta. You my friend are a boob--

Man alive. Too funny, eh? Look at the title of this original post---"SkyWest takes Delta for everything it's got....." You guys are FEED. Sure, you are doing well, attached to two bankrupt carriers. As we both emerge eventually, we will regain our strength gradually, and you will still be feed. Get over your nasty selves. Scope clauses, even modified a bit, will still be in effect. Pay will be tighter because management will demand it----and our lower pay now will eventually rise in the future some day--maybe the next contract. The end result, you will still feed DL and UA. Get over yourself.

Bye Bye--General Lee

everyonedoa360 said:
As Mr. Lee says, "My pay will go down"??? First you Bitch that we were offered only 1.2% pay INCREASE, And I'm happy it was voted down by 72%, now I guess you are telling us that we are about to take a pay cut?! Even though we were just offered a pay increase???!!!

And if I would ever see a DL pilot wave at me, I would die of shock! The only time you boys are nice is when you want a ride in my jumpseat! I'd rather you not be nice at all, at least then you would hold true to who you really are!

I guess I am never nice to any SkyWest jumpseater in our cockpits? Yeah, you are the only nice ones out there. Riiiiight. There are a lot of disgruntled pilots out there, in the regionals and majors. I haven't seen one Captain or FO take it out on a regional pilot. You may have, but I haven't. Next time you need to ride to St Thomas or San Juan, come on over to my jumpseat, and you will get any softdrink you want----free---as many as you want. There you go.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Russ said:
"have a better schedule than you or anyone at SkyWest"

I had 18 days off in Dec. No vacation taken. Perhaps you have a few more off, but not many and not for long junior reserve Captain.

"I will still make 5 times more money"
You do make more money than me, but I don't want for anything either. After your done giving back, it will only be twice as much as me.

"I will wave at them from the left seat of my MD88 or 738"

A number of UA guys thought they were insulated as well.

"I am moving up seats---to the LEFT seat on the next bid"

New Captain ego speaking? Go easy on your FO's okay. MD80 skipper huh, well congrats but I have to chuckle. I see new Captains on the RJ displaying the same attitude. All it is is a bigger RJ.

"Wanna bet your pay will go down?"

So...I DO have something in common with you.

Ok, I won't make 5 times as much, maybe two or three. And, I may not get 18 days off initially---probably 13-14. As far as getting the left seat, it is looking good right now thanks to great lease negotiations. Will I be a jerk Captain? No, I will buy everything third drink--as long as the FO buys the other two. :) And, everyone in this industry that flies will eventually get a pay cut. Look at the Expressjet guys with a great contract and a healthy feed partner--CAL---they still are getting the squeeze.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Man alive. Too funny, eh? Look at the title of this original post---"SkyWest takes Delta for everything it's got....." You guys are FEED. Sure, you are doing well, attached to two bankrupt carriers. .... The end result, you will still feed DL and UA. Get over yourself.

Bye Bye--General Lee

again, proving my point... at least every once in a while FDJ tries to keep it on an intellectual basis... but the LUSH is a total boob...must me tough with that napoleon complex!

General Lee said:
Next time you need to ride to St Thomas or San Juan, come on over to my jumpseat, and you will get any softdrink you want----free---as many as you want. There you go.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And when you need a ride to St. Croix, I'll get you as many softdrinks as you like too.

Feeding St. Croix, and lovin' it!

ReportCanoa said:
And when you need a ride to St. Croix, I'll get you as many softdrinks as you like too.

Feeding St. Croix, and lovin' it!

Just like you were feeding Los Cabos? Seasonal. You will lose it in the Summer. I won't.(unless I get the upgrade...) Enjoy it. Those 738s you replaced are now doing Punta Cana and Barbados.

Bye Bye--General Lee

PS--Thank Gawd the MD88 does NAS now.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Ok, I won't make 5 times as much, maybe two or three. And, I may not get 18 days off initially---probably 13-14.

yeah but, you'll still be you and ain't nothing worth that.:eek:

ohplease! said:
yeah but, you'll still be you and ain't nothing worth that.:eek:

You got me...??? What? I am worth EVERY PENNY----no doubt. How much are you worth? Ask Jerry Atkin or BL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back