SkyWest Staffing Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great post.

we have problems. if we vote in ALPA, we trade them in for new problems. I think the majority of us won't make that trade.
Thats the problem, you "think", and your head overheats, the master caution goes off and you pass out. I would hope that when ALPA becomes the collective bargaining agent for the SKYW pilots you will have an anal hemmorage and lose your medical. That way you can spend more time on trying to legitimize your N.A.M.B.L.A. projects!
Please go away, of stick a loaded shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger with your toe!
PBR

Unless you quit being a pu$$y and just refuse to do it. You can do that you know, I've done it at ASA. And ALPA just got ASA an industry leading contract to vote on.

Trojan
You hit the nail on the head, pu$$y nails it right on!
PBR

New poll numbers indicate ALPA is a long shot at Skywest. I have polled 224 Captains and First Officers at Skywest 84 Yes's and 160 No's. It is not looking good for ALPA's return on investment. It looks like 2 million dollars up in smoke, that is 2 million dollars of our fellow regional airline pilots dues they have worked hard for so that ALPA can get 3000 more members. Man nobody seems to see the light.

It would be nice if alpa- a business- had financial responsibility to those it serves wouldnt it. Granted I'm sure people see me as anti alpa- at the regional level- but its just sad..... 5 years for a TA... industry leading contracts (comair).... oh that was retraced or something right? I see benefits of pilot groups, just not alpa.

It would be nice if alpa- a business- had financial responsibility to those it serves wouldnt it. Granted I'm sure people see me as anti alpa- at the regional level- but its just sad..... 5 years for a TA... industry leading contracts (comair).... oh that was retraced or something right? I see benefits of pilot groups, just not alpa.
Jon
Again, you are wrong, but again that is nothing new!
We don't see you as just anti ALPA, we see you as an ignorant, selfish, stupid a$$wipe of a pseudo-human being. That completes the picture.
PBR

Last edited:
Again, you are wrong, but again that is nothing new!
We don't see you as just anti ALPA, we see you as an ignorant, selfish, stupid a$$wipe of a pseudo-human being. That completes the picture.
PBR
You really are nonstop aren't you? I think you could add a few more names in there.... please give it another shot- show all of us your brilliance... again.

!

New poll numbers indicate ALPA is a long shot at Skywest. I have polled 224 Captains and First Officers at Skywest 84 Yes's and 160 No's. It is not looking good for ALPA's return on investment. It looks like 2 million dollars up in smoke, that is 2 million dollars of our fellow regional airline pilots dues they have worked hard for so that ALPA can get 3000 more members. Man nobody seems to see the light.

I'm not sure if you understand why the pilots at ALPA carriers feel it is important for the industry to have SkyWest under the ALPA umbrella. Do you understand pattern bargaining? How about scope protection? I know the SkyWest pilots don't like to hear this...but I believe they were the industry leaders (with MESA) on the low pay scales for the larger regional jets. At least MESA did it to leash an alter ego carrier (and they always have had split rates for the bigger jets). Sadly, it appears that SkyWest pilots voted to fly the larger jets for the same rate...only for 18 months right? The problem for you guys is that you don't have a contract and BH didn't want to give you any more money for flying the bigger equipment after the 18 months. Lucky for you that a group of your pilots wanted to organize and, magically, you were handed a BHO (not as good as a legitimate hourly rate, but better than nothing right) and if you are to ever get a decent rate on the bigger equipment, you will get nothing for retro pay (because BH doesn't want to pay it...and you have no choice but to do what BH says). So don't come on here and insinuate that ALPA pilots are wasting their money. They can spend it how they want to. They are trying to have foresight so that this career will be better... not worse.

I'm not sure if you understand why the pilots at ALPA carriers feel it is important for the industry to have SkyWest under the ALPA umbrella. Do you understand pattern bargaining? How about scope protection? I know the SkyWest pilots don't like to hear this...but I believe they were the industry leaders (with MESA) on the low pay scales for the larger regional jets. At least MESA did it to leash an alter ego carrier (and they always have had split rates for the bigger jets). Sadly, it appears that SkyWest pilots voted to fly the larger jets for the same rate...only for 18 months right? The problem for you guys is that you don't have a contract and BH didn't want to give you any more money for flying the bigger equipment after the 18 months. Lucky for you that a group of your pilots wanted to organize and, magically, you were handed a BHO (not as good as a legitimate hourly rate, but better than nothing right) and if you are to ever get a decent rate on the bigger equipment, you will get nothing for retro pay (because BH doesn't want to pay it...and you have no choice but to do what BH says). So don't come on here and insinuate that ALPA pilots are wasting their money. They can spend it how they want to. They are trying to have foresight so that this career will be better... not worse.

Yeah, what I find very funny now is that Skywest Mgmt. is resorting to "threatening" company emails to all of its pilots. Nice job, and some of you complain about "ALPA thugs?" What kind of threats did ASA hear before this thing was TA'd?

Trojan

Unless you quit being a pu$$y and just refuse to do it. You can do that you know, I've done it at ASA. And ALPA just got ASA an industry leading contract to vote on.

Trojan

Actually, it's a good way to get fired. (ASA must be special - - guess your management must be pussis)

Your contract will spell out your grievance procedure, and it will take from months to years to get it resolved.

My experience is you'll be expected to follow it. Mesa had a couple of guys fired in ORD because they took the "I won't be a puss" track. As far as I know, the union was not able to get them their jobs back.

Actually, it's a good way to get fired. (ASA must be special)

Your contract will spell out your grievance procedure, and it will take from months to years to get it resolved.

My experience is you'll be expected to follow it. Mesa had a couple of guys fired in ORD because they took the "I won't be a puss" track. As far as I know, the union was not able to get them their jobs back.

If it's in the Contract, it's in the Contract. Fire me, I hope they do, I will get very very rich. You start making up rules, now that's a different story....

Trojan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back