• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Staffing Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please just look past the ALPA vs whoever. The important thing is to have a binding contract. Something that cannot just be changed at the whim of the employer.

Please just look past the ALPA vs whoever. The important thing is to have a binding contract. Something that cannot just be changed at the whim of the employer.

You're exactly right, but some people were rather be beotch slapped by someone else.

Comedian Bob Goldthwait- "I lost my job." I didn't really lose it- i know where it is, It's just every time I go there someone else is doing it!

20 minutes later he say's " I lost my wife"...........

I have heard rumors (granted, they may be false) that SKW guys are being taken down to 8 days off in some cases. This would NEVER happen with an ALPA contract.

Except, of course, at Mesa (also ALPA), where reserve pilots are contractually guaranteed 8 days off . . . .and NEVER, EVER get more than 8 days off.

The flip side of an ALPA contract is that it defines the absolute minimum a company must provide, and oft times that is all the company will ever do. Choose wisely.

Personally, I'd accept that the regionals are hemmoriging pilots right now, and Skywest is probably doing it's best to avoid pissing off the ones it has. Let them get their staffing levels up, and if nothing changes, re-consider an ALPA contract.

Last edited:
SkyNation. I've been here a year or so. I had no expectation for how long it would take to hold 15-16 days off, but I assumed someday it would be possible. Now, I'm wondering if it is even possible.

I left my other regional carrier w/ 2 years seniority and was holding the 3 on 4 off schedule previously mentioned.

So why did you leave? It seems like you priority is time off and you had plenty.

Except, of course, at Mesa (also ALPA), where reserve pilots are contractually guaranteed 8 days off . . . .and NEVER, EVER get more than 8 days off.

The flip side of an ALPA contract is that it defines the absolute minimum a company must provide, and oft times that is all the company will ever do. Choose wisely.

Personally, I'd accept that the regionals are hemmoriging pilots right now, and Skywest is probably doing it's best to avoid pissing off the ones it has. Let them get their staffing levels up, and if nothing changes, re-consider an ALPA contract.

EVERYBODY READ THIS.... This guy knows what hes talking about!!!

The flip side of an ALPA contract is that it defines the absolute minimum a company must provide, and oft times that is all the company will ever do. Choose wisely..

mesas doing really well huh? Granted our management is leaps and bounds better than mesas.. but that is already apparent. do your job get rewarded. Our no contract is better than other regionals with alpa contracts.... do people not see that?

The alpa guarantee through the eyes of Tommy boy.... ive got a box and some spare time for you alpa lovers

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.
Ted: I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
Ted: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of ********************. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

(just vote no by not calling in)
This is the exact reason we need to call in and vote. Otherwise management will just poop in a box for ya and mark it guaranteed. A 1% raise and nothing for the Bro. ygtbsm no cost of living adjustments. Skid mark shows nothing but red arrows everywhere. Vote, and Vote yes

alpa is the one offering the box-o-poo. see ASA... mesa... any and all bankrupt major... i have a steamy box for you- courtesy of alpa (I ate their free lunch yesterday) they have empty promises and im pretty sure they have thoroughly hosed ASA guys- didnt they sue alpa for non representation? Id bet that ASA guys (not all) would be happy with what we have. And I'm positive mesa guys would die for our QOL... go alpa! ha ha hah a ha ha ha tools

Latest resources

Back