• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Staffing Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Count Skynation in on NOT fighting for it.

Trojan

just because I don't have a woodrow for ALPA means I don't want better QOL, pay, etc?

of course I want those things, I just don't have faith in ALPA to deliver. thanks for the personal attack, though.

have you ever been at an ALPA regional?

The only thing alpa is good for is the random free lunch you find in the crew room... if they are voted in that will be gone plus 2% vote no and get free lunch!

Right. I love the ignorance. I won't give 2% to get 5%-10% of a pay raise plus the hundreds of other improvements. I guess you're not part of MENSA if you can't do the math on how you'll still be ahead after paying the tiny 2%.

I won't give 2% to get 5%-10% of a pay raise plus the hundreds of other improvements.

I wasn't aware that we were being promised a pay raise at all if we vote in ALPA. I've never even heard the suggestion that we might. Please list just one hundred of the 'hundreds of other improvements.'

Originally Posted by flyboyzz1
Fishpaw....I hear you lost your job....sorry man :)

"Lost" is one way to look at it... I prefer to say that I've "found" time for extracurricular activities...:D

Right. I love the ignorance. I won't give 2% to get 5%-10% of a pay raise plus the hundreds of other improvements. I guess you're not part of MENSA if you can't do the math on how you'll still be ahead after paying the tiny 2%.
ha ha ha ha that is so funny! do you actually think that alpa is capable of leveraging a raise period? and a 10% raise none the less.... forget MENSA wheres your 4th grade math book?

The alpa guarantee through the eyes of Tommy boy.... ive got a box and some spare time for you alpa lovers

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.
Ted: I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
Ted: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of ********************. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

(just vote no by not calling in)

just because I don't have a woodrow for ALPA means I don't want better QOL, pay, etc?

of course I want those things, I just don't have faith in ALPA to deliver. thanks for the personal attack, though.

have you ever been at an ALPA regional?

I'm currently at one and fighting for your quality of life and pay. And for the record Skynation, I never attacked you personally, you seem to get your facts mixed up as usual. Fighting for you and your quality of life, an ALPA card carrying member....(even serve as a commitee member)

Trojan

What do you fight for? Nothing, why? Because you can't. You cannot fight because you have NOTHING legally binding. And you're happy with that. Good for you. Yay!!! for Jerry and whatever he gives us!! Good for you. We at ASA are trying to get something better, and guess what? You're included. You're welcome by the way.

Last edited:
Bidding in a vacation month at SKW is easy with PBS. Put the vacation day credit at 3 per day (3.75 if you are on reserve) and 17 days off minimum. Problem solved.

I wasn't aware that we were being promised a pay raise at all if we vote in ALPA. I've never even heard the suggestion that we might. Please list just one hundred of the 'hundreds of other improvements.'

Is SkyWest making money? Did you forget your company made $41million last quarter. I'm pretty confident you'd get a raise. Compensation is only a tiny part of a contract anyway. Flightinfo would shut me down if I talked about all the improvements a contract would bring because it would take up too much server space. The bottom line is that all of the improvements would be a binding legal contract, and your management couldn't change policies/ promises whenever they want. For example, think back to 2001...SkyWest management, 'We are implementing a pay freeze for only 18 mos. after that you will get your pay raises back'. 18 mos + several years and they finally hand down the most pathetic raise seen in the industry, oh and only for the guys flying the jet, the other guys flying props aren't real pilots, because they get NOTHING! Give me a break. If you were under contract, that wouldn't have happened.

ha ha ha ha that is so funny! do you actually think that alpa is capable of leveraging a raise period? and a 10% raise none the less.... forget MENSA wheres your 4th grade math book?

Actually, I was at XJT when we passed our current contract, and yes, my raise was much higher than 5%. So, 5-2 still gives me a net gain of 3 (although it was even better than that). I know the math is difficult, but just keep trying, you'll get it. Oh, did I mention I got a $15,000.00 retro check on top of the two guaranteed raises I get each year and the top notch work rules?

Yep, ALPA sure does suck.

Latest resources

Back