Skywest SAPA proposed pay package is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VTECH,
The HEAD of the negotiating committee told me the last pay package was a net loss...

.... based on "not keeping up with inflation." It was more money. It was a raise. It was a bigger number. It just didn't keep up with iniflation so it was a "net loss." Was that his judgment? OK. I understand the argument. Keep telling yourself that and point me to all the other recent contracts that have kept up with inflation.

Did he also tell you the proposal being put out for a vote is the most he and the team he has worked with to put this proposal together can get from management and that going back to the table will not result in a better offer? If he didn't, go talk to him again and let us all know what he says.

Did he also tell you the proposal being put out for a vote is the most he and the team he has worked with to put this proposal together can get from management and that going back to the table will not result in a better offer?
Simply the most awesome run on sentence in FI history.

I'm sorry, but by "we" did you mean ASA before you were bailed out by SKW? I mean, weren't you just a giant turd in the Delta toilet that wouldn't flush until SKW bailed you out?

Before SkyW bought ASA, I believe our profit margin was something like 13.6% at one point. The highest in the airline industry. SkyW didn't bail us out, though they did save us from enduring Delta's bankruptcy. Don't get the big head, ASA is a better place to be than SkyW.

Didn't read the whole thread, maybe someone already said something along these lines...so sorry, if its a repeat.

Vote yes. and then vote in/yes for a union.

.... Based on "not keeping up with inflation." it was more money. It was a raise. It was a bigger number. It just didn't keep up with iniflation so it was a "net loss." was that his judgment? Ok. I understand the argument. Keep telling yourself that and point me to all the other recent contracts that have kept up with inflation.

Did he also tell you the proposal being put out for a vote is the most he and the team he has worked with to put this proposal together can get from management and that going back to the table will not result in a better offer? If he didn't, go talk to him again and let us all know what he says.

ok vtech.

We made less because it was not a raise. Not using inflation, im talking plain dollars. Skyw would have paid out more cash with the old package.

Latest resources

Back