• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skywest question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone got any specifics on hiring numbers for the rest of the year? Mostly jet or a few more Brasilia classes? How many people remain in the hiring pool?
Thanks!

I got hired at my charter company at 20.. Pay is 200 bucks a/day.. Not to bad for a KA F/O.. No way I'm going to a regional any time soon..

DoinTime said:
Averaging 92 hours per month at your pay rate will make you $72,000 on the year, not including per diem. If your making $12,000/year in per diem I want to know your secret.
It's not as clear cut as it might seem. Here is what I've made through the end of July. I've also been with Skywest for 5 years, lineholder, in the RJ (average credit of about 80-88 hours a month):

Regular Pay: $39,514
Per Diem: $3,370
Vacation Pay: $946
Training Pay: $1508
Holiday Pay: $1097
FSA Med Expense: $639
Total: $47,074

You can only figure on the first two items in your paycheck each month so based on those two numbers only, I'll make about $73,500 for the year (and I don't pick up any extra flying). When you add in the rest of those items, I'll make about 79K-80K.

thanks for all the responses, i have one more question. Where are most of the new hires getting based?

thanks again

You mean SLC?

I did, a few weeks ago. I met someone who sent my resume in via company mail, and got a call about three weeks later. Best of luck.

I've seen new hires going mostly to ORD and COS, some to SLC, a couple to TUS, DEN might be an option. Very short on captains right now in ORD.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back