• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skywest question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Credit comes from additional guarantees. If you are on reserve you may not fly all month.. so your pay comes from the reserve line guarantee of 75 hours here at Skywest. Other guarantees here include, daily 3:45, Duty 1:2 (1 hour credit for every 2 hours on duty), Deadhead(you get paid as if you had flown it even though you are sitting in the 'comfy' chairs in back or the even 'comfier' jumpseat), and historical block(if you have tailwinds and get there :30 early you still get paid the block time on your bid packet). It is possible to have very little flying and get paid alot due to credit.

skywav8r said:
My FO's only been here two months and is sitting reserve and the last check after taxes, medical, ect.. was a whopping $500.00. I'm not sure what her exact deductions were though. When I started at around $17/hr my monthly pay on reserve was $1333.00. The first year sucks. I've been here 5 years and I'm on reserve as an RJ captain and I'm estimating around $84,000 for the year. My hourly wage is $65.25. A minimum paycheck for me sitting reserve is around $2400, $1900 after taxes and stuff. I've obviously not been sitting on my butt much this year. Averaging 72 hours flying and 92 hours of credit per month. Credit is what are pay is based on. We get paid twice a month on the 7th and 22nd with our pay periods running the 1-15th, 16-month end. Hope this helps.

edit: I got the $84,000 by doubling my first six months gross of $42,400. The credit average was calculated since yesterday. The quicky math may not add up until you include some overtime at $94.93/hr. and no I don't have any secrets to getting more per diem. The first six months came to about $3000.

Dude: Put the crack pipe down!!! You better take math again.

Why dont you post one of those trips that has 20hrs of credit for the month. I think everone would like to see it.

Last edited:
ILStoMinimums said:
Has there been anybody hired at Skywest with required mins under 21? Any other regional?

I got hired at 20, and know another guy who was hired at 19 turned 20 in class. It is rare though most people don't put there stuff in because what is printed on the application. As an EMB Captain I will make about 75k this year including perdieum. There as been lots of open time on the emb side and I have been averaged 110-120 hrs of credit a month.

Chairman said:
I got hired at 20, and know another guy who was hired at 19 turned 20 in class. It is rare though most people don't put there stuff in because what is printed on the application. As an EMB Captain I will make about 75k this year including perdieum. There as been lots of open time on the emb side and I have been averaged 110-120 hrs of credit a month.
Wow,
thats sure nice to know! So as soon as I get at least 1000 121 at my current job, I may get a chance if my buddy's walk my papers in?

I heard that the applicants who were hired before they turned 21 were basically hired by mistake. However, you never know when they'll make that mistake again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back