Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pilots cancel IAH-DFW for scope viloation!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots at SkyWest have been punished severely or fired (disappear off the seniority list) for Lesser reasons. But again this is all rumors and who knows, they might have to do a carpet dance, and that would be the end of it.

Last edited:
I heard about 51 passengers were were pretty upset because they missed all of their connections. Now poor 6 yr old Jimmy won't get to see his Grandma in the hospital.
Flame bait.

Completely agree. Next week, no mainline pilot will even remember this even happened, let alone go out of their way to try and get some regional pilot a job at their mainline.

There will be PLENTY who will remember this here at CAL.

Yeah... because that's the kind of pilot UAL management wants, lmao!!

I think it's really funny how pilots still think they're running the show in hiring. It's all HR now, people! Even if there's pilots on the hiring board, they're no longer the decision makers! Quit acting more important than you really are!

But with that said, kudos to the pilots for having the courage to stand up, even though they may lose their jobs.

That is not how they hire at UAL but you knew that huh?

I never said pilots "run the show" in hiring but they play an integral part at this property post - Nancy Stuckey days anyways.

Did you forget to fill out the Scantron form properly back in the day?

I have spoken with their CP... and no punitive or diciplinary action will be taken on either of these two pilots.

These guys certainly did the right thing and I suspect they will have no problem securing interviews at a major when the hiring tide turns. Good on them and THANK YOU for standing with us and realizing that this is NOT legal flying.

Funny, ya because old those old crusty's conducting the interviews aren't scabs

Yep, but fellow ALPA carriers had no problem picking up the struck flying. Talk about brotherhood and unity!

Completely agree. Next week, no mainline pilot will even remember this even happened, let alone go out of their way to try and get some regional pilot a job at their mainline.

You've got that right! As a mainline skygod, I find it very difficult to hear anyone talking over the sound of my awesomeness.

The guidance from CALPA on this one was to fly the flight and then report to SAPA any CO code violations who would forward it to CALPA legal to address with management. Instead this guy took it one step further. Good luck to him/her.
Best way to lose an argument is by putting it in the hands of ALPA.

There will be PLENTY who will remember this here at CAL.

Ok, then go get this guy a job at CAL.

Latest resources

Back