Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pilots cancel IAH-DFW for scope viloation!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last time I checked, no airline in the USA is set up as a non-profit.

I don't know man. In my short time in the airlines, it sure seems that they ARE set up as a non-profit organization.

You know that old joke. How do you make a million dollars in the airline industry? Start with 5 million.

Feel free to insert any numbers you wish. As long as the first number is smaller than the last one, the joke remains the same.

[/QUOTE]

Yea it must suck working for a stable company with money in the bank...If I'm not mistakin they get a bonus check soon too.

The money is in the company's bank, not yours...I don't know about you but I'd rather have more in my pocket. I'm not greedy, but $72/hr to fly a CRJ900 with biz class, two flight attendants etc is not something to be happy about when "the company has money in the bank."

Maybe I missed something in Management 101, but don't ALL managements love the money their employees make for them? Last time I checked, no airline in the USA is set up as a non-profit.

Correct, and as employees we should strive to see as much of that money as possible. So what do SKWY pilots do to make that happen? Nothing, they take what management feels comfortable giving them, which will ALWAYS be less than what financially they could afford.

The money is in the company's bank, not yours...I don't know about you but I'd rather have more in my pocket. I'm not greedy, but $72/hr to fly a CRJ900 with biz class, two flight attendants etc is not something to be happy about when "the company has money in the bank."

So if the company has no money in the bank how do you think your going to have more money in your pocket?

So if the company has no money in the bank how do you think your going to have more money in your pocket?

The fact is that Skywest has money in the bank, sufficient to give across the board raises. Do you feel they're giving their pilots all they could afford? You feel the pay is sufficient for the job?

What are you talking about, "no money in the bank?" Are you scared your pay will drive Skywest into BK? Sorry, but a 10% raise will not BK the company. You don't think you're FO's deserve a 10% raise?

Are you management by chance? Please self-disclose....Either management or a lifer who's hitched to Skywest?

No, my point is that we will never know. Of course they won't outwardly do anything to him. But if skywest was union you would have heard many more DD type situations because those people wouldnt have to pay for their legal defense. Maybe this pilot doesn't want to be check airman. But without a union you would never know if he was denied being one because of this.

And for the record, I NEVER said that I was genuinely interested in this skywest pilot so don't tell me to STFU because it doesn't make a difference what you say to me.

Nope, it sure doesn't. Especially when you have union protection! ;)

Well, no. The point is that your post in this thread is pointless and has ZERO to do with the thread topic. Let's see, I wonder if the crew will get something extra in their crew meal. I wonder if their shoes were shined:rolleyes:

I am as pro union as the next guy. However, I think your thread jacking for your ego stroking personal crusade is shameless commerce of unionism.

The fact is that Skywest has money in the bank, sufficient to give across the board raises. Do you feel they're giving their pilots all they could afford? You feel the pay is sufficient for the job?

What are you talking about, "no money in the bank?" Are you scared your pay will drive Skywest into BK? Sorry, but a 10% raise will not BK the company. You don't think you're FO's deserve a 10% raise?

Are you management by chance? Please self-disclose....Either management or a lifer who's hitched to Skywest?

I don't work there...just sayin

How much do you think you are worth?

Latest resources

Back