• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pilots: At least pretend to care

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bluto SAPA is ineffective because of its very structure. As long as management is pulling the strings, the final say comes from SGU. Thinking that SAPA can actually do anything for you is like pissing down your own leg, and telling yourself the drought is over...pretty silly. If you think MN is the the first guy to get run out of SAPA because he stood up against management and the rest of the cronies, I've got stories for you.

I've been here a lot of years. I've been through SWEAT, and SEAC, and now SAPA, and let me tell you, plain and simple: Under the current system, if it is not beneficial to the company, Mr. Atkin will not approve it. Brad can agree with you, even Ron Reber used to say from time to time, that something seemed like a good idea, but ultimately it doesn't happen unless the BOD(Mr.Atkin) needs it to happen.

SAPA is a communication tool for the company. They have meetings, management agrees to fine tune problems areas(a good management practice), and they refuse the rest. Then SAPA takes credit for it, and the believers think that they accomplished something.

Having said all that, I still think Skywest is about the best regional to work for. The ownership/mangement group is made out of generally decent people, but at the same time great business men. They are not going to give away the farm, but they are not out to screw you at every turn.

You have to face things and see them for what they are. SAPA can't do $hit for you regardless of who the president is.

uncle rico must go

Bluto SAPA is ineffective because of its very structure. As long as management is pulling the strings, the final say comes from SGU. Thinking that SAPA can actually do anything for you is like pissing down your own leg, and telling yourself the drought is over...pretty silly. If you think MN is the the first guy to get run out of SAPA because he stood up against management and the rest of the cronies, I've got stories for you.

I've been here a lot of years. I've been through SWEAT, and SEAC, and now SAPA, and let me tell you, plain and simple: Under the current system, if it is not beneficial to the company, Mr. Atkin will not approve it. Brad can agree with you, even Ron Reber used to say from time to time, that something seemed like a good idea, but ultimately it doesn't happen unless the BOD(Mr.Atkin) needs it to happen.

SAPA is a communication tool for the company. They have meetings, management agrees to fine tune problems areas(a good management practice), and they refuse the rest. Then SAPA takes credit for it, and the believers think that they accomplished something.

Having said all that, I still think Skywest is about the best regional to work for. The ownership/mangement group is made out of generally decent people, but at the same time great business men. They are not going to give away the farm, but they are not out to screw you at every turn.

You have to face things and see them for what they are. SAPA can't do $hit for you regardless of who the president is.

Agreed.

If Alpa does not pass, SAPHO needs to insist that Uncle Rico, Chip and Jerry are all in on the pay and QOL meetings. Uncle rico has too much of an out when he is the only one there supposedly representing pilots besides Jim B. and Mike E. "no we can't do that, have you looked around at all the other regionals" Full of excuses and starch.
Like one of our true Pilot representatives said about uncle rico, "he doesn't even fart in our general direction."

Just 4 days left, and less than 1/2 the pilot group has voted. Oh well, I can see how this is going to turn out.

BS is going to win by a landslide, don't you think? what other result were you looking for?

my .2

I'm personally having a hard time deciding whether to vote at all. Sometimes, not voting is in itself a message. I'm sure that there is a lot of apathy out there, but I also think that there are a few who, like me, are at this point quite disgusted with SAPA.

Who has enough longevity with the company to give me one example of a truly 'shining moment' in SAPA's history? I'm not being sarcastic, I would really like to know.
Ever since I've been here, all I've witnessed is ineffectiveness, and most disturbing, this resigned tone about how, well, 'we tried to do (_____) but management didn't agree...'

that's not what 'give and take' is supposed to be...

Supposedly, SAPA is supposed to be there as an advocate for a pilot who is 'in trouble' with hte company; however, I've heard from numerous sources that they are not always in our corner. well that's certainly not my idea of having an advocate!

Finally, this whole mess that happened these past few, with the backstabbing and maneouvering really ticked me off.

Latest resources

Back