• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pilots: At least pretend to care

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BS is going to win by a landslide, don't you think? what other result were you looking for?
how about better than 50% turnout. It's got nothing to do with BS winning. I think it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that he will. What he won't have, is any support in the form of a strong majority of our pilots voting for him.

To be completely blunt, I'm tired of trying to encourage this pilot group to care. I'd rather focus my energies on going to work somewhere else where the pilot group already cares about their own future.

they'll care when they look around and see people elsewhere getting a better deal than them (us) at the regional level. for the majority of us, we don't see that, so it's hard to get all in a twist when, overall, we have it pretty good here. of course it's not perfect (where is it?), but taken in total, I believe the lack of 'caring' you describe comes from people being contented. I'm not sure what a 70, 80 or 90 percent turnout what mean anyway? or what it would change?

but, by all means, move on (especially if you're senior to me ;-)

Last edited:
Considering their past performance, what makes anyone think that SAPA would be any more effective even if they had 90% of the pilots voting?

I voted for Bill. Nothing will change with Sapa. Even Bill has stated that Uncle Rico (BH) is the show stopper. Sapa has no blood. For Sapa to work either they have to lean on Rico to get some other decision makers at the table or assume the position over the barrel we have been in since we voted for one lousy pay rate after the other. If he won't budge then we insist on going higher to put forth a real effort. We all just witnessed what happened when M.N. stood up for the pilots and actually tried to get in the ring with Rico. He was quickly labeled and ousted by the good ole boys network.

Let's just all wait and see when ASA gets their new contract. If Alpa doesn't pass this time at SkyWest then this pilot group deserves to end up underneath mesa and goose jet.

S=spineless
A=apathetic
P=proud
A=a__holes

I am not an ALPA cheerleader but I believe it may be the only way to protect what we have left. Why not give us protections provided by the RLA? Now that the O.C. has filed, let's get some dialog going about something that really matters instead of wasting time with the pointless SAPA soap opera.

The MPL's will be tried at non union carriers like Blue, Skywest and Colgan... there is no opposition to stop them....

The MPL's will be tried at non union carriers like Blue, Skywest and Colgan... there is no opposition to stop them....

Even ALPA isn't opposing it.... they just want it done "right"....

Even ALPA isn't opposing it.... they just want it done "right"....

Why are you getting all worked up before you even know what "right" means? Again, a simple call to Herndon could answer your questions.

Why are you getting all worked up before you even know what "right" means? Again, a simple call to Herndon could answer your questions.

The current requirements to sit in the right seat of a 121 cockpit are already too low.... This plan should be opposed and the requirements should be INCREASED, not decreased. Yet ANOTHER ALPA failure.....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back