• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest MRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would they dangle it in front of you ?? Who cares what they fly if it doesn't pay well. Let Skywest have it they don't mind making less on bigger aircraft.

SkyPest will essentially get what we negotiate. They tell us we can get some of the new shiny jets if we agree to "competitive" rates. We sign off on shoddy rates, SkyPest gets same or less, airframes go to SkyPest anyway.

Like anyone in the GO understands how to run a jet like that anyway. First thing they'll do is dent the F out of the wing and tear up the interior trim by giving the high IQ society flight attendants practice on the emergency exits....ala the -700. Next, play find the mice in the plane. Third, turn the cockpit into a dust and bacteria farm. Fourth, sell the planes to unsuspecting airlines who find corrosion and stress fractures we never noticed.

Southwestern SKYW Kabuki theater, the brain trust throws this out on the table thinking that SKYW Inc pilots will stay for 5 years so they can fly a MRJ, from ORD to SAT vs a 757 to OGG. This company has recruited for the HDQ operation from the local drooling academy, they are delivered to the office every morning in a short bus, and they wear styrofoam hats with dinosaur stickers on them.
Mouth breathers.....

This company has recruited for the HDQ operation from the local drooling academy, they are delivered to the office every morning in a short bus, and they wear styrofoam hats with dinosaur stickers on them.
Mouth breathers.....
I love knowing that I don't have to deal with this moron anymore.

Think about this, even if Obama is reelected, the first delivery won't be until after he leaves office. Point being, a meteor might destroy the planet before anyone sees one of these.

When you see it sitting on the ramp, then it's real. 2017 is so far in the future it doesn't even matter. Basically, SkyWest intends to eventually replace aging aircraft. That's not news.

...as opposed to not replacing old, worn out airframes on their way to the desert. That's a little something to see...

A good point. But, with Delta's TA and the UniCal still in negotiations there will be bigger happenings in the Regional world before any of these airplanes fly. Something like 218 50 seaters will be leaving the Delta connection network, Pinnacle is in Bankruptcy, Republic is struggling and Comair is a ghost of it's former self. The Delta connection world will likely get bloody next year.

I'll worry about today now and I'm not even going to think about 2017 or MRJ's. When I hired on at SkyWest, we flow almost all Brazilias and only had eleven jets, you didn't expect to see your third anniversary here before you were off to the Major of your choice.

Here's a mind trip, a SkyWest new hire from 2000 when compared to a United new hire in 2000 would have earned about $250,000 more and the United pilot has been furloughed twice.

You just don't know.

I love knowing that I don't have to deal with this moron anymore.

The short bus just stops at a different location, you want another sticker for your styrofoam helmet?

Dispatchers, the Flight Engineers of the new millennium.
Your relevance to flight operations is diminishing a daily basis. Don't worry you will still be able to come to F/I and be a voyeur.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back