• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest MRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I cannot overemphasize how important it is to remain competitive in our ability to accept these or any aircraft"

F U!

... to be flown as American Connection when the YES voters approve our 10 year outsourcing deal...

Vote NO

From Brad Rich's memo:
"These 100 aircraft would be replacement aircraft for current ExpressJet and SkyWest Airlines fleets and are fully intended to fly under contract with major partners. They are not growth aircraft. The aircraft identified in the agreement in principle include the MRJ70 or MRJ90, which range from 70 to 90 seats. The configuration of seats would be determined by scope limitations and airline requirements at the time of delivery.
The intended delivery time frame would be from 2017 to 2020. While specific allocations are yet to be determined, we anticipate that aircraft would be delivered to both of SkyWest, Inc’s operating entities. I cannot overemphasize how important it is to remain competitive in our ability to accept these or any aircraft."

"I cannot overemphasize how important it is to remain competitive in our ability to accept these or any aircraft"

F U!
Of course by 2017 the labor pool will have completely dried up, and that sentence will take on the opposite meaning--any airline wishing to operate them will require highly competitive pay in order to have the ability to accept these or any aircraft.

Now official on SWOL.com, so I'm going to call this order of 100 MRJs legit.

It is a deal.

You will also see an order from Bombardier in the near future also. I wonder if some of the Crackpipe woman still want to keep the lists separate?

You will also see an order from Bombardier in the near future also. I wonder if some of the Crackpipe woman still want to keep the lists separate?

Who cares what those drama queens want. Soon they will realize that it doesn't matter what they want.

Every lifer at these regionals just creamed themselves.

And you would cream yourself if it was announced that regionals were going out if business.

Throwing stones in glass houses... If someone made the choice to make a career at a regional, that is their choice. It isn't wrong because it isn't what you would do.

From Brad Rich's memo:
"These 100 aircraft would be replacement aircraft for current ExpressJet and SkyWest Airlines fleets and are fully intended to fly under contract with major partners. They are not growth aircraft. The aircraft identified in the agreement in principle include the MRJ70 or MRJ90, which range from 70 to 90 seats. The configuration of seats would be determined by scope limitations and airline requirements at the time of delivery.
The intended delivery time frame would be from 2017 to 2020. While specific allocations are yet to be determined, we anticipate that aircraft would be delivered to both of SkyWest, Inc’s operating entities. I cannot overemphasize how important it is to remain competitive in our ability to accept these or any aircraft."

I love how the ALPA email directly states that this is growth. How out of touch can they be? Yes we will lose 100 50 seaters but we will get 4 of these. That's growth for ALPA. Worth every penny of the 2% we pay them.

Latest resources

Back