Skywest MRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love my dispatchers.

Love them...would not even dare thinking about doing this job without them....and if you think you could I am afraid you might just be a bit out of touch with reality...

Love them...would not even dare thinking about doing this job without them....and if you think you could I am afraid you might just be a bit out of touch with reality...

nah, not out of touch, maybe you need that crutch or to hold your little hand, I don't, we did it before under 135 with no problems, even easier now with smart phones for radar and weather, hell give us iPads and everything would be on it

nah, not out of touch, maybe you need that crutch or to hold your little hand, I don't, we did it before under 135 with no problems, even easier now with smart phones for radar and weather, hell give us iPads and everything would be on it

Hell for that matter, who needs FA's either? Since all of this automation makes things easy, you should have plenty time to get up and service the cabin too.

Maybe you can toss the bags, service the lavs and do your own maintenance super pilot. You should be in management with an attitude like that...tool! You must be a real joy to fly with.

no no service de lavs man, and our maint folks are top notch, I'm just saying, my opinion, we could do w/o disp if the FAA would lose that requirement, I mean hell, you need to talk to maint you go through your disp who does nothing more than transfer to maint, cute huh

no no service de lavs man, and our maint folks are top notch, I'm just saying, my opinion, we could do w/o disp if the FAA would lose that requirement, I mean hell, you need to talk to maint you go through your disp who does nothing more than transfer to maint, cute huh

So, while you are in the cockpit flying, you will be able to do the following while flying an aircraft:

* Work effortlessly with every other pilot to ensure all scheduled aircraft are routed to their respective maintenance bases, and avoid certain airports, weather, or PAX loads due to restrictive MELs.

* Continuously monitor your local, enroute, destination and alternate weather, notams, airmets, sigmets, pireps, VIP movement, and TFRs.

* Continuously monitor your flights flow times, or other delays, and enter those delays and their respective codes into the reservation system.

* Should you divert, please remember to enter all the coding necessary in the reservation system to reflect your diversion before landing so that the diversion station can accomodate PAX. You will also want to make sure that there will be station operations personnel on-hand when you arrive (hours of ops)

* When repositioning, ferrying or test flying an aircraft, please remember to build those flights into the company's flight planning software in order to build your release.

* Flight plan necessary flights with round-trip fuel in accordance with your company's policy.

* Work with customs and border patrol to ensure you have all of your required paperwork and clearances to operate in international airspace and be able to land and deplane.

* If you decide you need to cancel a flight you will need to contact all parties involved before cancelling that flight in the reservation system.

* When an IROP is in progress, send messages out to the hundreds of people that need to be notified in case the media, FAA, FBI or local authorities need to be involved. This would enclude, but not limited to, making all the phone calls necessary after overrunning a runway, aborting takeoff, bird strikes, lightning strikes, unruly passengers, and sick/ill passengers.

* Work in partnership with all pilots and ATC centers to ensure proper SIDs and STARs are being filed for all flights, including canned and playbook routes.

* When an extreme weather condition shut down a major company hub, coordinate with all pilots to ensure you are all in the cities you should be, with the aircraft necessary, in order to have the operation running like clockwork again once said hub is back up and operational.

These are just a few examples, I could keep going, but I think you get my drift. You 135 types are awesome, so I'm sure you could do all of this.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back