• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Making Money?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It amazes me how many mainline pilots are oblivious to what we, at the regionals, make. The pay isn't as low as many assume. Proportionally, per seat, I think regional folks make more money than the mainline folks do. We make less because the airplanes are smaller. There gets to be a point where mainline pilots are going to have to step up to the plate and up the ante on their own. The days of making excuses as to the pay cuts and the regional prolifferation are over, in my book.

CFIs make far "more per seat" than 777 captains... Would like like to come up with an better analogy?

-Don't fall for this lame "per seat" B.S. It is illogical to expect that an rj driver would somehow accept any less responsibility for safety just because there are fewer pax. We all have a job with very little room for error, and precisely the same level of responsibility.

-Some folks just have a big head (Gen Lee style jerks are not as uncommon as people would like.)

Last edited:
thats funny GL, youve been hawking that awhile now and hasn't proven factual, and at ASA we keep acquiring more of 'em, and 700s too, with more on the way. but keep hawking that sermon and maybe your bros will believe it

For Delta? Really? Oh yeah, you are HOPING that everything will work out with the UAL/CAL MEC's and they will give in, right? Doesn't look like it. Will you be moving those CR7s to IAH? Hmmmmm, probably not. The Expressjet guys have a perm bid out that is on hold now awaiting the decision of the arbitrator, and we ALL KNOW that the new UAL CEO is pulling a fast one here. (CAL SCOPE CLEARLY STATES that there will be NO RJs over 50 seats at their hubs, and they still have seperate certificates and have not come up with a joint contract covering scope for both pilot groups) So, until that is resolved, I would hold your breathe and see how it comes out. I don't think SCOPE will get any better for you after this CAL/UAL merger is complete, and the DL CEO is intent on getting rid of more RJs. But hey, keep telling yourself that you will expand......then it will be TRUE......Have fun out there!

Bye Bye---General Lee

PS----YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

You're funny. You really only have one post, it's just you've posted it 14,383 times. Soon to be 14,384.

eP.

Your laughing will soon stop, and may turn to crying. Hey, if that does happen, maybe more mainline jobs will come to the regional guys, and that means more guys above you and CRJ567 with actual interview skills and piloting skills will move on to better jobs. You and CRJ567 will then be able to bid up in your companies and be SENIOR RJ DRIVERS the rest of your lives, or until all RJs are gone, which ever comes first. The best thing that could happen for you guys right now is for the mainline companies to have HUGE losses, which would mean more concessions from mainline pilot groups. If that doesn't happen, then SCOPE will get tighter, and that aint good for your group. How is that looking now? Do you have an answer? I didn't think so, you never do.

Bye Bye---General Lee

PS----HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON!

Really? The perm bid is "on hold"? Haven't heard any comm from company that anything is on hold.

Have the 30 or 40 ERJs been moved out of IAH to ORD yet? Not according to my Expressjet friends. They are awaiting to see if the SKW CR7 thing to IAH actually happens, and it is on hold until the arbitrator makes the decision. If you lose, would it make sense to base 20 CR7s in IAH? Ummm, no. And, I don't see the UAL/CAL MECs budging at all.

Bye Bye----General Lee

PS----HAVE A HAPPY HAPPY XMAS, IT'S THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR....

It amazes me how many mainline pilots are oblivious to what we, at the regionals, make. The pay isn't as low as many assume. Proportionally, per seat, I think regional folks make more money than the mainline folks do. We make less because the airplanes are smaller. There gets to be a point where mainline pilots are going to have to step up to the plate and up the ante on their own. The days of making excuses as to the pay cuts and the regional prolifferation are over, in my book.

Hello? Do you remember what mainline pilots USED TO MAKE prior to BK? Remember that mainline pilots are all coming off of BK contracts, and now most mainlines are doing a lot better financially. If you think mainline pilots won't make more money, and soon, then you don't know what is happening out there. UAL and CAL made over a billion dollars PROFIT LAST QUARTER ALONE. Those pilots are at a perfect place for contract negotiation, and if they would just get their internal squabbling over with on Seniority issues, they will reap major benifits and pay increases. And, that, along with the Airtran and SWA merger, will help every mainline pilot out there. Airtran will get SWA wages, and then Delta can't compare DL to Airtran payscales in ATL. It just won't be an issue anymore, and teh SWA payscale will become the benchmark. Add to that, Senior mainline pilots will be retiring a large amount of pilots soon (there are 1700 now at DL in the age 60-65 range, and there will be 2200 by next summer, all waiting to go). If one guy leaves from the top, that moves up 20 or more pilots (DC9 FO moves up to A320 FO, the A320 FO moves up to 767 FO, etc all the way up), and wages go up due to that too. RJ pilots have made more lately because they have stayed in that position longer. Guys with multiple kids now may not leave because they "can't afford it", and those are the guys that complain the loudest on this board. They unfortunately don't see the "real world" picture, because they had kids before they could leave, and that is too bad. I know a Mesaba guy who turned down the flow up to Delta because he had a couple kids, and now I am hearing the possibility of 600 to 900 newhires in the next year or so. That would have put him in the front of another big hiring wave, and given him a line probably on a nice narrowbody. Sorry, but being senior on an RJ will never be as good as being a line holder at a major, hired in the beginning of a wave too. Ouch.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Have the 30 or 40 ERJs been moved out of IAH to ORD yet? Not according to my Expressjet friends. They are awaiting to see if the SKW CR7 thing to IAH actually happens, and it is on hold until the arbitrator makes the decision. If you lose, would it make sense to base 20 CR7s in IAH? Ummm, no. And, I don't see the UAL/CAL MECs budging at all.

Bye Bye----General Lee

PS----HAVE A HAPPY HAPPY XMAS, IT'S THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR....

Nope, but there is NO current bid "on hold". Also, they're not all going to ORD, but I'm sure you knew that. I'm surprised you even have any friends, let alone some that are "regional" pilots.

Nope, but there is NO current bid "on hold". Also, they're not all going to ORD, but I'm sure you knew that. I'm surprised you even have any friends, let alone some that are "regional" pilots.

Those "Friends" Gen Lee is referring to are the Gerbils he shoves in his 2-hole. He often solicits their sage advice and wise counsel... They happy comply. Those poor little guys would do pretty much anything for a little fresh air.

CFIs make far "more per seat" than 777 captains... Would like like to come up with an better analogy?

-Don't fall for this lame "per seat" B.S. It is illogical to expect that an rj driver would somehow accept any less responsibility for safety just because there are fewer pax. We all have a job with very little room for error, and precisely the same level of responsibility.

-Some folks just have a big head (Gen Lee style jerks are not as uncommon as people would like.)

CRJ- I think you have a reading comprehension problem. I never said we had less responsibility. I did say that per pax flown, we make more money. To think that you are going to make the same flying a 50 seat RJ, as you would make flying a 737 is rediculous. However, on the flip side of that, if you are making the same flying a 90 seater, as you would flying a 50 seater, you are INSANE!

General. I hope you really do up the bar. For some strange reason, you seem to think I'm in opposition to this- I'm simply not. I'd like nothing more than to see pilots unite and push the bar up to where it SHOULD rightfully be. However, right now we are seeing much more of the same- just look at CAL-UAL, and the stalemate they are at. We SHOULD be upping the bar, but right now, the facts show it's more of the standard mess of pilot vs. pilot, with no gains to show for it.

General- I hope you and I get the opportunity to fly togeather sometime. I can't wait to get over to Delta and fly that 767-400. I will be looking for you- I take it you will be the pilot with the loafers?

Oh, and just to "pay if foward", I carried a midget up the stairs at the mall. Today, I think I may do something nice for you like butter up a handicap ramp................

CRJ- I think you have a reading comprehension problem. I never said we had less responsibility. I did say that per pax flown, we make more money. To think that you are going to make the same flying a 50 seat RJ, as you would make flying a 737 is rediculous. However, on the flip side of that, if you are making the same flying a 90 seater, as you would flying a 50 seater, you are INSANE!

And I did say that "per pax flown" the very lowest-paid flight instructor makes far more money than a 777 captain, and rj captain, or anyone at any airline, for that matter. I was simply pointing out what a dumbass analogy you made.

-Of course, if you think that Gen Lee is some sort of role model, and has any sort of redeeming qualities you wish to emulate, then I can do nothing to help your rather obvious deficit in the area of common sense.

Latest resources

Back