• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest J4j?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"And as for the 60% RJ flying there would have to be vacancy's that were not filled by non seat locked EMB FO's who have there bid in."

"At least 60% of the total jobs per carrier must be in the right seat of a jet, the rest can be in any equipment."

I don't read it the same way you do. To me it looks like there WILL be charity UAL hires in those seats whether or not the more senior SkyWest pilot bid it or not. "Must" is a pretty strong word.

I was told by a EMB-120 pilot that the SkyWest pilots voted to tell UAL to go shove the agreement where the sun doesn't shine.

I was also told that the UAL pilots wanted a job with NO interview and/or sim. What a crock.

So, will they get the jobs, or will SkyWest just give up the 70 seaters and hire who they want to?

Joker,
Whatever SkyWest pilot told we we voted and told United to stick it is full of it. We haven't and won't vote on this. Our SAPA reps are there negotiating as well but we as a pilot group are not voting on the situation with United. If I were you I would not believe a word this pilot says from now on. He is just telling you a bunch of crap.

Joker997 said:

I was also told that the UAL pilots wanted a job with NO interview and/or sim. What a crock.

Why would you think they would want anything different? UAL is full of pilots who can't upgrade because of constant failed PC's etc who says they would pass this sim check and the 'old school tie' won't work here either :D

I hope Skywest kick this thing out.

Splert said:
Chairman,

I'll bet you one-share, no make that three-shares, of UALAQ.OB (enough for a cup of 'joe' at Starbucks) that it will be one single direct deposit from SKYW.

Does it make one bit of difference anyway?

Splert

SPLERT
I want to know when I am getting my starbucks..................

Rottweiler,

I've never busted any of my checkrides or PCs or initial classes.

Just thought you should know there are at least a couple of competent pilots at UAL...

I think it is sad to see some of our own pilots begruding UAL furloughees. While I hate UAL, I know it is UAL that is squeezing SkyWest, NOT the furloughed pilots. They were just fortunate enough to get something out of this deal.

From what I understand Skywest will pay the UAL furloughs 2nd year pay, their pay stubs will show second year pay. UAL will reimburse Skywest for the difference in pay.
Question: Doesn't UAL still owe Skywest money? Will Skywest ever see this "reimbursement"?
So, when someone says "Why should it be a concern of yours if UAL is picking up the tab"? Well, if in fact UAL is to reimbures the difference in pay, IT IS MY CONCERN if my company is footing the bill and waiting for a check from UAL. After all UAL isn't out of the woods yet.

Next, the interview will be a "meet and greet" only, no sim no formal interview.

I would like to know if these furloughed UAL (ALPA) pilots will be able to vote on SAPA issues?
And I think someone else brought up the issue of benefits. 401k contributions? Stock purchase? IF, and I say IF pilots are brought back into the profit sharing, what then???

Latest resources

Back