Skywest J4j?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AFELLOWAVIATOR

I was wondering what the Skywest pilot group had to say about the latest from UAL. Have you guys and gals agreed to the UAL j4j?

I believe this agreement is very similar to the one thar we have with Continental. In "props for jobs" I believe it was every position created in Houston was to be offest by the hiring of a furloughed Express pilot. All of them are at the bottom of the list and placed where their senority can hold. This UAL agreement looks very similar, they'll be at the bottom of the list, placed where the company needs them (mostly), but it looks like their pay will be subsidized for a year. I'm curious to know how the UAL people we've already hired feel about this plan.

Fly Safe.

I have read nothing that says they will be payed 2nd year pay. If they are ,UAL is going to subsidize it.

Hello all,

Skywest is treating these pilots just like newhires. If they are recieving anything beyond skywest payscales and benifits then it's comming from UAL or UALPA.

We didn't vote on this issue. I don't believe there was a reason to have a vote. The pilots have little to do with who gets hired so long as the newhires are treated like newhires.

We did vote on the US Airways j4j deal because they were talking about bypassing seniority in essence. We voted this down and managment dropped it.

Scott

Treated like new hires? Is getting second year pay being treated like a newhire? Also, is UAL going to pay these folks during initial training? As of right now this "great" company does not pay its pilots during training.

I hope we get to vote on it.

Skywest will treat the UAL folks just like newhires. Skywest is paying them 1st year pay. Why should we care if UAL is paying them extra?

If we vote on this then we should be voting on every pilot we hire. Does that make any sense?

Scott

anyone have a guess as to when SkyWest will hire off the street again?

Utahpilot... they sent out a list of the folks they were interviewing in August 3-4 weeks ago.. so interviewing is going on.. and not only guys from coex.. saw a guy who has only instructing for a background on the list(lots of it.. but no 121/135)
As for hiring.. several classes scheduled in the next few months..

good luck to you!

Do any of you have an issue with them being able to negotiate their rate of pay separately from the rest of the pilot group? That could never happen at Comair because of our contract. I understand you are not unionized, but it seems it is setting yet another precedent. And not one that is good for the Regional pilot group as a whole.

If they get additional money from their former empolyer to subsidise their income, why is that a SkyWest pilot concern? SkyWest pays its pilots an agreed upon rate and if UAL wants to pay its furloughed pilots a little more to have the 70's at SkyWest/Mesa, so be it.

Fly Safe

Latest resources

Back