• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest J4j?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard that SkyWest is not requiring those with 121 time to do the sim portion at the interview, is that true? how many are in the pool? site still says 'not accepting pilot applications?'

Not true

When I interviewed there were 121 guys on furlough in the room. Every single one of us flew the sim, not to say that their ride wasn't easier, that is always a possibility, but they did go to the sim.

A wet dog in the SKYW pool

Afellowaviator,

I would love to say something, but I won't this time.

UAL will pick up the tab is spin (BS). SKYW will pay him or her 2nd year pay and pass though the cost to UAL just like every other SkyWest employee.

Splert [/B][/QUOTE]

Why don't you not start stupid rumors that isn't how it is going to happen..............

AFELLOWAVIATOR,

I never thought tihs would happen, but I agree with you on this issue. UAL furloughs should get 1st year pay, or everyone should start out at 2nd year pay.

Someone brought up a good point to me. We took a pay freeze & same pay for 70 seaters to "keep United". Now UAL says they are picking up 2nd year pay? WRONG!! I am and so is every other non UAL pilot at SkyWest. Including the 1st years only making $ 19 /hr.

I don't hold this against any of the UAL pilots. However, I CANNOT STAND UAL!!!

IF you read the agreement proposal posted on our site it explains that they UAL Pilots will be goveren by all rules of the carrier which employment opportunities are given. A Skywest Check (or at least electronic Stub) and something in the mail from UAL or UALALPA. For now these conversations should stay on our private board until the deal is signed and released by SKYW

"It doesn’t compromise seniority because they are getting the extra from someone else..."

On another thread I thought I read where 60% of the UAL charity hires had to be in the RJ. If that's true then what about the EMB-120 guy that normally could have bid and held that RJ seat? If this is actually the case then it pretty much throws seniority out the window.

Alright one cup of coffee it is.

And as for the 60% RJ flying there would have to be vacancy's that were not filled by non seat locked EMB FO's who have there bid in. Putting newhires in the RJ is nothing new.

UAL MEC

To: Furloughed United Pilots

On Wednesday, the United MEC ratified a letter of agreement with UAL that will allow United pilots to be offered employment with our United Express partners, including Mesa Air and SkyWest. We are in the process of working out the details and will be sending informational packets as soon as they are prepared and ready for shipment. I anticipate this information being in your hands no later than the first week of September.

To be eligible for employment with Mesa Air and SkyWest, a United pilot must be on furlough or have received notice of furlough. Hiring will be administered by the MEC office. Please do not contact Mesa or SkyWest directly about this agreement.

The following are some highlights of the Letter of Agreement prepared by Negotiating Committee Chairman Captain Wendy Morse and her committee.

Number of Jobs - Any feeder carrier that has an agreement with UAL to take delivery of SJs with a certificated seating capacity in excess of 50 seats, but not more than 70, must offer 5 jobs per SJ-70. These are guaranteed jobs, not interviews.
Type of Jobs - At least 60% of the total jobs per carrier must be in the right seat of a jet, the rest can be in any equipment. The jet jobs are not specific to the SJ-70 because the carriers have the same pay rate for 50 and 70 seat jets and will likely operate them as a common fleet type. The jobs will not necessarily be in the carrier’s United Express operation.
Pay rates - All pilots will start at 2nd year jet F/O pay rates. Their pay will remain at that rate until the regular wage scale surpasses it. This rate is $27-35 per hour, depending on the carrier, compared to new-hire pay of $17. UAL is picking up the tab for the difference.
Probation - Pilots will be subject to what we call quasi-probation. They will technically be on “probation,” but they will have access to the same due process as any non-probationary pilot.
Resignation - Pilots will not be required to resign their seniority number from UAL.
Training Bond Repayment - If a pilot is recalled and owes money to the carrier as a result of a training bond, UAL will pay the remaining obligation.
We have posted on the MEC website at www.alpa.org the Letter of Agreement between ALPA and UAL, as well as links to the Mesa Air collective bargaining agreement, Mesa Air domiciles and equipment, the Mesa Air website and the SkyWest website. Please note that the pilot section of SkyWest.com is expected to be offline until mid October. We will post more information on SkyWest as it becomes available.

It is important that your MEC has current information on all furloughed United pilots. Please be certain that ALPA and United have your address, phone number, e-mail and other relevant information.

Please be patient. More information will be provided as it becomes available.

Latest resources

Back