SkyWest it's easy... ASA '98 103/hr your current 900 99/hr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pbs

Also did you see NO PBS in ALPA proposal to MGT, it is not going to be forced on the pilots at ASA. With a union at Sky West better work rules could be negotiated to support the PBS system.

So you would rather have a bonus plan, tied to the airlines performance, at an airline than a secured hourly rate?

The way ASA is managed, and the lies they feed pilots, give me the secured hourly rate. Anyday.

Hoser

In a survey of our pilots, the large majority indicated that PBS has been an improvement over the old system.

You have proof of that survey? Our (ASA ALPA) research shows PBS isn't all that great. Now that we have an outstanding scheduling section already TA'd, it's no wonder that the company wants PBS. I'll stick with the new scheduling section in the new contract.

After we vote the new contract in, we'll entertain PBS, but it will benefit the ASA pilots. You can take that to the bank.

Hoser

You just don't understand do you. And No-Friggin-Way does ALPA get on Skywest' property. Sorry man if you were counting on them to integrate the two and make your job at ASA better. I dont care if you make 10 more an hour at every step up the ladder. The Skywest pilot will bring home way more than you and have a better QOL. It is great being at an airline and not hating management. Good luck though. ALPA SUCKS

You know, I used to think that I would feel bad for you guys if JA came in one day and said "the pilots make too much" and took some of that away. Now I don't know that I would. You guys just don't realize that there is nothing protecting that wonderful working agreement that you have. JA can change it anytime he wants, and there is nothing that you can do about it. And one day JA is going to retire, and then where will you be? And it will be too late, and then you will be on here crying that mean management is taking your pay and benefits away and you can't fight it...oh well, but you can bet I will be here to say I told you so.

Usualy when something is real good you can't stop people from getting into it. But when others try to scare you or shame you into it you gotta beware.

Let's see. We vote ALPA in and we get merged under the more senior ASA guys. That should be fun. I know Cactus and US Airways are enjoying that process.

Well Skywest pilots work about 3-4 more weeks than ASA pilots a year. You would make more than, but you are at work and we are on vacation !

How is your vacation time-that is right just 7 days off and then back to work !! That sucks..

We may have like 13-16 days off in a row with just one week of vacation !! THAT ROCKS when you have 3 weeks a year.. Thanks ALPA

Thanks too for Mgmt. not being able to change the rules everyday, and great Insurance, and assurance of having a job and someone to fight for me !

Skywest pilots want to move on to other ALPA carriers !!! UMH Fedex, CAL, DAL,UAL, etc..

Let's see. We vote ALPA in and we get merged under the more senior ASA guys. That should be fun. I know Cactus and US Airways are enjoying that process.

Get the info right about that merge! The MEC for US East came in with DOH. The mediator TOLD THEM NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! He then said come back with something different! What did they do....came back with DOH AGAIN!:confused: So...what did they get....what the mediator saw fit! US East was about to go away for good! Those guys should all be greatful that they still have a job.
ASA on the other hand is NOTHING but a MONEY MAKING MACHINE! We were sold for a "Quick Buck" only....If the merge were to ever happen, and believe me, it would be better for ALL the pilots, it would most likely be a percentenge type merger with fences etc~! Hopefully you guys/gals see the IMPORTANCE of a Union! If not...I fear what will happen to your future jobs...and I won't feel bad about it ONE BIT!
Good Luck on the vote!:cool:

so, we have it better here, but you'll cast a vote to make us more like other places that are ALPA (ASA, MESA, Comair, etc.)

why?

if we voted alpa in, it does not mean we will instantly and automatically be more like every other alpa carrier out there. and besides not every other alpa carrier is bad either. and even with the ones that are (mesa for ex.), one should consider what they were like prior to having alpa. besides, alpa at each airline is only as strong as the pilots who make up the committee... alpa may not be the greatest thing on earth and obviously not everyone wants it. but people need to be a little bit more open minded before making a decision.

Latest resources

Back